Comedy is subjective I know but got damn. Eric Andre's stand up on Netflix is horrendous

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hannibal is unfunny

Eric Andre is super unfunny

The eric andre show was trash

Bad Trip was funny af tho. The schitck only works with reactions :yeshrug:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Hannibal can be funny, and he was probably at his funniest when he was basically doing/being Black Mitch Hedberg, but now that he’s gone away from that he doesn’t really have an identity or style.

I watched the Miami Nights special on YouTube, and outside of a few laughs the only thing that stood out to me was his use of visuals and auto tune, which is straight from his podcast.

I agree. Hannibal's older act where he was more like a black Mitch Hedberg was funnier than a lot of his stuff now. He's still pretty funny though, but I feel like dude has an inflated ego now.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I agree. Hannibal's older act where he was more like a black Mitch Hedberg was funnier than a lot of his stuff now. He's still pretty funny though, but I feel like dude has an inflated ego now.

I don't blame him for feeling himself. He's young and he's black and he's doing well.

But in doing well, it's kinda exposed the fact that he hasn't got anything to say or a particularly different perspective.

So that + mediocre jokes =
SiMtlGu.gif
-level comedy

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i get the impression he is just a comedic actor that is trying his shot at standup.
most real comedians like chapelle and kevin hart been perfecting their craft since they were like 14 years old.

I looked up andre's history and he was originally a musician and as far as i can tell this is his first or second attempt at standup despite him being 37 years old. So this more like a side project. he won't be dropping any classic specials anytime soon.