Common On The Combat Jack Show

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
It's a guest who's catalog he wasn't real familiar with, this is what you get. Some (ex. Boosie) are better than others

yeah I wanna hear stories behind the songs.. History of Chicago?? eh.. not so much

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
yeah I wanna hear stories behind the songs.. History of Chicago?? eh.. not so much

I enjoyed the history part, it's the beauty of the Combat Jack Show, because like he said artists are more than music. I enjoy the balance, but there wasn't too much in this episode

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
For those who listened to it. Do you think that's part of the reason he threw shot Onxy on "Used to Love Her"?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
This one really sounded like they had way more to cover.

maybe we'll get a Part 2 sometime. Common has a lot to talk about and part of what makes Combat so good is he doesn't HAVE to talk just Hip Hop and the interview can still be interesting & informative. you know if/when Com is on Juan Ep Rosenberg is just gonna cream his pants and talk about fukkin Dilla the whole episode.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
That story about when Common was a ball boy for the Bulls Jordan's rookie year back in 1984

:whew:

Mike comes in the locker room with a boom box blasting Whodini and Jerry Reinsdorf tells him

"Get that jungle music outta here!"
:camby:

Then Common said after a few games passed and they saw how great Jordan was gonna be, Reinsdorf comes back and says

"Mike my man. You can listen to WHATEVER you want"

:whoa:

:banderas:

CombatJack

Pro
Verified
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This one really sounded like they had way more to cover.

I had so much to cover but this interview was directly set up by Def Jam (props), so Common came to the studio surrounded by like 8 label people. Usually its just me, Pete and our guest, this time, the label reps were right there, all up in the convo. And right after I took my first break, it was whispered to me by a label rep that we only had 15 minutes when I was counting on at least another hour, which is why the end of the session seems rushed. Because it was. Also, all throughout the interview, Common kept looking over his shoulder, distracted by the label reps' presence, which in turn distracted me. Like they kept signaling to him to wrap it up. Part of what gets the better interviews is the intimate (pause) environment that our guests feel since its just us and them in the room. This one didn't feel as intimate as I'm accustomed to. Still and all, no shots to Def Jam, can't ever bite the proverbial hand that feeds me great guests. Its a different interview, but Common is a different dude.