Common over Kanye Beats Appreciation

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Black Maybe was so :blessed:

Be :mjcry:

The Food :whoo:

For a brief shining moment, they made each other better. Ye helped Common take it back to basics after 'Electric Circus' and Common kept Ye grounded before he floated off into the 'icon' phase of his career (with all the weirdness that has come with it).

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Great combination. They were great for each other in different ways. Be was a great album and a great companion piece of more basic Kanye beats that dropped right around the same time he had Jon Brion adding so much stuff to his beats for Late Registration. Plus the mix of just Kanye and Dilla producing Common's "comeback" album was great. I never liked Finding Forever quite as much as I liked Be, but there are a lot of classic Kanye/Common joints on there too.

Figured I'd post the 3 versions of The Food: the live version (that was on the album), the sudio version (with an extra verse), and the instrumental of the studio version.

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
"YOU SEE THE WAYYYYYY THEY DONE YA BOYYYYYYY AND YA BOYYY STILLL DOWNN"

love both albums...i'm probably one of the few that prefers FF over BE, but both are classics in my eyes..

that whole era of Ye around FF and Graduation was classic...everything he touched was gold..

Daps
Be and Finding Forever were GODLY. Especially Be. I remember when that album dropped and I copped it first day just walking around my neighborhood with my headphones on and looking like:blessed:

Yep first day purchase. That was my go to cd...I drove many miles listening to it.