Common Signs To Def Jam, New Album " Nobody's Smiling " Drops July 22nd

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
Common has a new home. In preparation of his new album Nobody’s Smiling, the Chicago MC has signed to No I.D.’s Def Jam based label, Artium.
Back in 2011, No I.D. was appointed to EVP of A&R. He will also serve as the LP’s executive producer. Album drops July 22.

“Common and I have a long history of making great music together. His rich legacy and robust talent are perfect additions to the Def Jam family. It’s particularly significant that he’s coming under our roof for his 10th album as a matured artist and cultural ambassador. It’s a tremendous boost for the spirit of Def Jam as well as the world of hip-hop.”

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
I get the move, given their relationship, but Def Jam hasn't really supported any of their artists in a minute.

How dope would it have been for Com' to have been signed to them during that '94-'99 run down there? That cat deserves all the support in the world, he's one of our greats.

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Should of gave that deal to someone new, why cant common put out music on his own?
I was kind of thinking the same thing.
He could put out something his damn self...Im sure he could get some beats from NO ID, Premier and Kanye.
Def Jam is going to give him some half ass press and charge him up the ass.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
too bad its 2014...

even trinidad james is signed there :mjlol:
Jiggaman(he goes and comes as he likes a guess), Kanye, Jeezy, Ross, 2 Chainz, Frank Ocean, Big Sean, Nas?, Pusha-T, YG, Common, KRIT

That's a pretty solid team.

And then you got the lower class artists like

Iggy Azelea (yet #1 and #2 on the billboards), Durk and Reese,

And :flabbynsick:

Luda, Mariah Carey and Juelz Santana