Conflict uproots record 6.9 million people in Congo - IOM

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I dunno about this. I don't think this needs nonblack people to do anything.

Rwanda's neighbors Uganda , Kenya, and (farther away) TZ easily dwarf rwanda industrially , economically, militarily, and population wise. They just need to apply pressure. Their leverage is great.

If they wanted to, they could all literally cut off rwanda from ports in the Indian ocean and snuff their economy out for infringing on Congolese sovereignty. It doesn't even need to be a military effort. Sanctions alone could stop Rwandan fckery in eastern congo. But it requires a unified east African front. If they could buy off south Sudan, then their would be no Nile trading for rwanda in addition to no eastern port access until they stopped their covert ops in congo.
Ok let's just use black people.

I grew up around black people from all over the Diaspora. Every couple of years you might hear some Congolese people making noise a out this in going conflict.

The West Indian people I know aren't saying a peep about this conflict but have something to say about Israel/Palestine.

Africans I know from all ends of the continent have not said anything either but are extremely vocal about the Israel/Palestine conflict, especially the Somalis and north Africans going to protest every week in my city.

Isn't south Sudan going through a civil war right now? Aren't there isn't an ongoing battle right in the middle of the nile?

I haven't heard any smoke for Rwanda, I see what your proposing but which nation is saying to do that? What you said makes sense and us a great strategy but it's a hypothetical.

You in all honesty believe African countries are gonna sanction Rwanda?

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
so we should tell the US to stop sending weapons/aid...

explain who we should stop sending money to in the congo conflict?
I think he's just talking about the social media presence.

A bunch of Ethiopian on social media were talking about how Tigrayan women are getting raped at crazy rates during the latest conflict and not a peep from all these people worried about the Israel/Palestine conflict.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I think he's just talking about the social media presence.

A bunch of Ethiopian on social media were talking about how Tigrayan women are getting raped at crazy rates during the latest conflict and not a peep from all these people worried about the Israel/Palestine conflict.

Because these are intra-nation multi-ethnic conflicts where all sides are getting raw deals and there isn't this clear binary for people to put their weight behind. Amharas/Tigrayans/Oromos are all suffering over a dumb scramble for power.

I think what can be agreed on is Abiy needs to go but thats an individual but there was smoke even before he rose to power and got that sham Nobel Peace Prize.

Speak on it

Because the core issue is what it means to be Rwandan or Congolese and it radicalizes people like Banyamulenge in Kivu. You tell people they don't belong in a place they lived 100s of years and it opens up outside forces to puppeteer them.

You can sanction and stop aide but this stretches back 100s of years and is a ticking time bomb unless you have both countries push past these myopic identities they've bought into. I believe former Tanzanian president Nyerere spoke to this.

And even *if* that is figured out, DRC has a lot of other issues that are huge barriers to realizing its potential.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Because these are intra-nation multi-ethnic conflicts where all sides are getting raw deals and there isn't this clear binary for people to put their weight behind. Amharas/Tigrayans/Oromos are all suffering over a dumb scramble for power.

I think what can be agreed on is Abiy needs to go but thats an individual but there was smoke even before he rose to power and got that sham Nobel Peace Prize.

Because the core issue is what it means to be Rwandan or Congolese and it radicalizes people like Banyamulenge in Kivu. You tell people they don't belong in a place they lived 100s of years and it opens up outside forces to puppeteer them.

You can sanction and stop aide but this stretches back 100s of years and is a ticking time bomb unless you have both countries push past these myopic identities they've bought into. I believe former Tanzanian president Nyerere spoke to this.

And even *if* that is figured out, DRC has a lot of other issues that are huge barriers to realizing its potential.

Most Banyamulenge were encouraged to settle in Kivu by the Belgians. Not “100s of years.”

The fact is that Rwanda, a Tutsi-led regime, is arming and funding ethnic Tutsi rebels in DR Congo.

DR Congo’s sovereignty should be respected. If Pres. Tshisekedi was arming and training Hutu rebels that launched periodic invasions of Rwanda, you know Kagame and his ilk would be screaming to high-heaven.

Hutu-led Burundi is now encountering issues with Rwanda and closed borders with Rwanda. They’re bad for the neighbourhood.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Most Banyamulenge were encouraged to settle in Kivu by the Belgians. Not “100s of years.”
Wrong but cool and very convenient story bro.

You cant quantify “most.” What can be said is there have been Tutsi migration waves into Kivu since at least the 1600.

And no matter how long….they are there and will be so sanctions/embargoes wont fix the core issue of “identity.”

But I don’t find myself agreeing with you on much so not going to go back and forth.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Wrong but cool and very convenient story bro.

You cant quantify “most.” What can be said is there have been Tutsi migration waves into Kivu since at least the 1600.

And no matter how long….they are there and will be so sanctions/embargoes wont fix the core issue of “identity.”

But I don’t find myself agreeing with you on much so not going to go back and forth.

You sound Tutsi or a Tutsi-sympathizer.

:mjpls: