Confused on what to do with my hair.

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So I'm a black man with 3c/4a hair (despite my father being African) because my mother's genes are all over the place. No one in my immediate family really has kinky/coarse hair so my hair tends to have a straighter look to it. My sister told me that if I wanted to know my true hair potential, I'd have to grow it out for a few months and then put conditioner in it. My only problem is I'm not sure what hairstyle to get. I've usually gotten a variation of a caesar/temp fade/etc my entire life so I never had to branch out. My head/face is more of an ovular shape (but not like an egg. It's chiseled near the jaw so it slims down) so I know rocking really high tops is out of the question. I'm still just 21 so if the cut can be trendy or in style that'd be a plus as well. Send help breh(ettes).

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Why don't you do that man bun thing guys are loving so much?
Personally, I don't like how it looks. I considered doing a topknot too. Eventually I settled on a hairstyle like this but I'm not sure someone with a longer face or head could pull it off. I also want it a bit shorter than that.