Could you handle your life being in the public eye the way celebrities and royals are?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is and it isn't. Denzel can do that because all of his cache was built well before social media. It's an unnecessary tool for him. If he was born even in 1984 instead of 1954 and has the same breaks at the same age it wouldn't be as easy.

But actors have it easier than music artists to remain private since they play characters for limited time-frames. Music figures build characters for people to follow and expose their music that way.
MBJ was born in 87 and outside of dating black Kim Kardashian Jr. we havent been all in business like that.

Drake about the same age. We dont know shyt about him he dont (and Pusha) dont want us to. Kendrick and Cole aint putting all they business out either. You can have a social media presence without showing everything all the time. People that really aint got the goods gotta do that.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Yup.
By being a decent human being, not keeping my personal life on social media and normalizing keeping clout chasing/problematic people away from my inner circle.
Not saying it would be perfect, but a whole lot of "Walking past cameras and microphones" would be involved. Like I don't owe nobody nothing, just keep it moving.​

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Watching how now that Darius and Keke are trying to work things out, and even Tia and Corey, and there's so many bitter birds (and even some dudes) in the comments saying "don't do it, don't go back to him" and projecting their own worthless lives onto them, and it made me wonder:

Could you do it?

I feel like everybody ain't mentally strong enough to handle so many hundreds of thousands of opinions coming at them at once like that, especially being able to read it in realtime via social media.
"How you getting bullied on social media, just turn the screen off " -from the honorable kingSoulja

And this ain't the only case of it. There's plenty more where people cast their opinions on celebs and some folks can handle it and know how to withdraw and keep their private life private... and a lot of people whose minds crack from the stress (Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and the list goes on).
I think paparazzi is the bigger issue for Lindsay, Britney, etc than the internet. I mean look what they did to the late dianna. Look how they treated Michael in the 90s(both of em).

The press are the main reason being famous might be bad.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
MBJ was born in 87 and outside of dating black Kim Kardashian Jr. we havent been all in business like that.

Drake about the same age. We dont know shyt about him he dont (and Pusha) dont want us to. Kendrick and Cole aint putting all they business out either. You can have a social media presence without showing everything all the time. People that really aint got the goods gotta do that.
All those rappers made their name right before social media, particularly Instagram, got here/blew up. Ironically they are the last real rap superstars.

Cole and Kendrick hardly use social media at all and if not for the timing of their rise, wouldn't be able to be as socially scarce as they are.

I agree some people want the attention but there's plenty of artists who got the goods but don't make it as far as they should because they aren't the type to expose themselves as much as what's necessary today.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
:whoa: Nah.

I like a low profile. I aint even with that coli notoriety life. Fame is a fickle friend. Let me just chill in the background and quietly hand out my daps, reps and get corny puns and one liners in. :hubie:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yes because I’m boring as shyt so there won’t be
much content