Creatives: Do you work on one project at a time or multiples?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I've got 3 projects I want to work on, and another that people keep asking me to put out. But I'm just trying to focus.

Help me out guys, how do you determine which project to focus on?

@DrX

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
unless youre talking about the ills of humanity....i dont consider it creative or art.....to me that what art is....telling the story of the people.....i make art for the people....not the industry.....im the real deal.....

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
unless youre talking about the ills of humanity....i dont consider it creative or art.....to me that what art is....telling the story of the people.....i make art for the people....not the industry.....im the real deal.....
Stop grandstanding you hack. I asked you a question. Either answer or go.

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
I personally don't, I use to when I was younger. But having a 40 hour job and doing side jobs after work, I burned out.

And couldn't make each client happy, cause I was splitting my time with both.
I know other people who can do it, I can't.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I'm working on 3 projects right now as well. One I dedicate for weekends only because it's a group project.

The other two don't get equal time put into them. I'm writing one consistently but I've been having more ideas and lines for the other. So I keep a recorder and notebook on me to jot down the idea and let the scenario flow.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'm working on 3 projects right now as well. One I dedicate for weekends only because it's a group project.

The other two don't get equal time put into them. I'm writing one consistently but I've been having more ideas and lines for the other. So I keep a recorder and notebook on me to jot down the idea and let the scenario flow.
I should bring out my recorder again.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:I got like 6-7 projects at work.

I prioritize based on which end users I like the most and which director is the project under

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I should bring out my recorder again.

It's a great tool, the phone is nice but I might get sidetracked pulling it out.

As for the projects, sometimes they need to breathe, put them into a drawer and come back to it.

I'm assuming you're doing art so the process is different than writing, but forcing it could go 50/50 in terms of the final product. Some of the work I forced out people loved but are the ones I didn't feel satisfied with.

If you can keep your signature feel to it, and poise in terms of quality people will gravitate to it. You may not like it but someone will.

Again, this is from a writing perspective.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's a great tool, the phone is nice but I might get sidetracked pulling it out.

As for the projects, sometimes they need to breathe, put them into a drawer and come back to it.

I'm assuming you're doing art so the process is different than writing, but forcing it could go 50/50 in terms of the final product. Some of the work I forced out people loved but are the ones I didn't feel satisfied with.

If you can keep your signature feel to it, and poise in terms of quality people will gravitate to it. You may not like it but someone will.

Again, this is from a writing perspective.
No I'm a writer. I just write comics.