Crypto: Wallets and Exchanges discussion

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Yes. Print it, laminate it, take a pic of it, put it on a cloud. Have all your shyt backed up
lol, so why not just use the hardware wallet?

cheaper in the long run and you can back up everywhere?

the moment you put the paper in the cloud you're just as vulnerable as a hardward or software wallet.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
www.kraken.com is back online. Good alternative to Coinbase (only accepts Wires) to fund your account. Plus has more trading pairs than Coinbase.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good Lookin' on this...

Just got my confirmation on Gemini. I was reading up a lot on Coinbase and have an account, but I wasn't able to set up my payment info on there. Now that I have Gemini linked to my Bank Account, would yal say I should still link a debit card to Coinbase?

Also... does Meta Mask only work with Coinbase?

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I use Coinbase, but they take so long to get your money. Where can I go to get immediate access to the money i deposit from my account?

Adding a credit card to Coinbase does not work.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Kraken.com

Do you need drivers license and such...?

yeah let me change that. they basically have 4 tiers. If you want to fund with cash you will need to upload documents. If you are sending coins over then you don't need to add your documents. But they put limits on withdrawals

Gwoppo

All Star
Daps
Does any exchange accept prepaid debit card?

Is Jaxx a good wallet?

Are Gemini transfers cheaper?

@Perfectson

Does anyone have experience with cex.io? I think they accept prepaid debit. Are their transfer fees high, is it safe, etc?

Nvmnd, read that CEx.io is terrible. Too many ppl saying they take the money out and it doesn’t show up on their exchange for 30 days

Last edited:

Wedosyang

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Indonesia
3. List of Exchanges:

Allows USD Deposits

1. Coinbase / GDAX
- Coinbase is one of the more popular exchanges and accepts USD ACH funding. GDAX is a part of Coinbase but they almost act like two separate companies; however, they are basically the same. Coinbase does charge higher fees for trading cryptos, so you should fund in Coinbase and then move your funds over to GDAX to purchase your cryptos. Currently only allows trading in BTC, ETH, and Litecoin.

2. Gemini - another popular funding exchange that also accepts USD ACH funding. Currently only allows BTC and ETH coins.

3. Kraken - was a very popular funding exchange and also has alot of different pairings. AS of Jan 2018 they have updated their servers and are back on top. Though they only allow USD wire deposits.

Man all of these are blocked in my country. Do you have any ideas which ones i could use? Im from Indonesia.

We do have a official exchange here but id have to give all my Information to them. With how fast laws change here and Bitcoin already on the brink of being forbidden here id rather not give them my personal Information.