Cultivating your social circle

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Ladies, have you ever taken a step back to see who it is you call friend? And add or subtract?

As I’m much more circumspect of who I give my time to I decided to do away with people who add nothing to my life. Some people are good for drinks and social gatherings on occasion, not caring about their endless (some of which are heavily self-inflicted) problems and handholding through their decision-making. I want a friend not a boost your self-esteem/cognitive abilities project.

Red flags for me: (men as well but I call men I haven't known since childhood, acquaintances at best)

low ambition
No hobbies or interests
Know what other people-who they don't like, or it's mutual or the person doesn't know who you are-are doing (big insecurity/hate-watcher flag)
Gossipers (while incredibly useful, not someone I’d take seriously for anything)
Substance abuse issues
Still watching trash reality tv( i don't mean RTV in general I mean the very lowbrow, very like Love and Hip Hop)
Doesn't go outside
Watches too much tv
None of their own opinions or ideas, parrots talking points
Feels the need to opine on any and everything (not because they actually read on it or know what they're talking about lol)

Last edited: