Curious…What were y’all thoughts on the announcement of Resident Evil 5? Racist or Not?

Racist or Not

• Racist

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Not

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

When this trailer 1st dropped, it was met with controversy. How do y’all brehs feel about RE5?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I always thought it was dope to take resident evil to Africa, they just should have made Sheva the main character

The problem is always centering it on a white protagonist. But it’s Japan and they see white people as money

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:yeshrug: it felt that way at first but when you played the game it was similar to RE4 because that game was set in spain but its the las plagas parasite that fukked with the citizens

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It's based in goddamned Africa :stopitslime:. Thought the cries of racism were silly back then and do now. You mow down Spaniards in 4 so it's par for the course. People :mjpls:were just made uncomfortable by the optics of it. You could maybe (maybe) make an argument there were issues with Sheva.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally didn’t care I thought the African setting was real dope and some areas took place in the daytime which was rare back then in a RE title. I hope this one gets the remake treatment BUT I know in this climate it would be surrounded with even more controversy unfortunately. One thing I didn’t understand was the hate for Sheva, gamers claimed her a.i. was bad but I thought the computer managed pretty well considering when the game dropped

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
You know what? At first I was feeling indifferent watching this trailer.

But then when he let off that first shot @1:52 on a group of Africans, my face immediately went :beli:

The remaining video is him bussin' off shots on black people, talking about "I got a job to do". :camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I personally didn’t care I thought the African setting was real dope and some areas took place in the daytime which was rare back then in a RE title. I hope this one gets the remake treatment BUT I know in this climate it would be surrounded with even more controversy unfortunately. One thing I didn’t understand was the hate for Sheva, gamers claimed her a.i. was bad but I thought the computer managed pretty well considering when the game dropped

Still the sexiest game character

391472.jpg

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Chris' African adventure :pachaha:

yeah the optics of that trailer definitely weren't good...:skip"

but me and friend had a helluva time playing that shyt :wow:
dodge bosses, failin qte's, punchin boulders :wow: