Albums Curren$y x Statik Selektah - 'Gran Tursimo' (Discussion Thread)

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
for me, this has been one his best years ever. havent enjoyed his music as much since my college days. i would say ive heard the majority of statik's projects but he really outdid himself w/ this one very impressive and diverse offerings here. id still give the edge to umbrella symphony though only slightly.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
for me, this has been one his best years ever. havent enjoyed his music as much since my college days. i would say ive heard the majority of statik's projects but he really outdid himself w/ this one very impressive and diverse offerings here. id still give the edge to umbrella symphony though only slightly.

You heard the album he got with Berner? That one is real dope too.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I agree. This is definitely one of Currensy's doper projects this half of the decade, and it was a total surprise to me. Statik also went above and beyond his usual level. Currensy really does seem to bring the best out of producers sometimes (ie. Statik, Ski, Alc, Fraud). Either that or he just has the ear to pick their best stuff that suits him.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
said it before Statik has been on fire this year, its between him and madlib for producer of the year.:wow:

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
I agree. This is definitely one of Currensy's doper projects this half of the decade, and it was a total surprise to me. Statik also went above and beyond his usual level. Currensy really does seem to bring the best out of producers sometimes (ie. Statik, Ski, Alc, Fraud). Either that or he just has the ear to pick their best stuff that suits him.

That man spitta knows how to pick beats that fit his style.
Perfect example

purps from 808 Mafia
They haven't released anything that wasn't fire

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I agree with all of this but I'd just like to say Curren$y really shines when he has one producer doing the majority of his production like Statik, Alchemist, and others that make him lock in. This album, that Umbrella Symphony album with Jay Worthy and LDN DGRS, and the Pheno Grigio album with Berner are really good.

On a tangent but speaking of Berner I don't care for his rapping but good god his production is really amazing and smooth.