Customer at Subway sandwich shop refuses cops request to see his gun permit

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Its not about that, its about cops flexing authority that they don't legally posses. I dont give cops information out of the kindness of my heart, I do it if the law dictates.

But i'm a gun owner so maybe I'm biased

This. Legally a cop demanding him to show his permit is no different than me walking up to him and demanding to see it.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Its not about that, its about cops flexing authority that they don't legally posses. I dont give cops information out of the kindness of my heart, I do it if the law dictates.

But i'm a gun owner so maybe I'm biased

Looks like they were both flexing to me. In this case I don't find the cops request unreasonable.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Fat ass walked around the corner like
bowser_walk.gif

fatwalk3.gif
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

I DIED

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
didn't know this. oh well, I'm not gonna open carry anyways. this ain't the wild west, and I'm not gonna be having gunfights in the streets.

In Georgia the gun laws are that way too. I'm from NYC and it's crazy how I can legally walk through Target with an AR15 without needing any paperwork :heh:

Well, at least it's that why for cacs :martin:

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
:whew: Glad he made it out of there alive

On one hand I wanted him to avoid conflict and just show the damn permit, on the other he was well in his right and had a point, it just also came off as patronizing.
It's a nice video, but please don't let his "bravery" encourage any of you to try something like this just to antagonize the police. I'm sure this man was just well prepared + dealing with cops who didn't want to go there anywawy.
Stay safe.
:ufdup:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Dude is dumb.

Open carry is even dumber.

Yes... shiits gonna backfire. NO pun.

Open Carry = Inviting trouble. You think people out here aren't gonna test you? Whether its legal or not? Especially in its infantile stages.

And don't forget... alcohol is gonna make all this very interesting.

We don't need open carry laws. It ain't that serious.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We're in texas too.
Gun owners also.

It makes me nervous though when brothas try to just live nevermind challenge them on the law, in front of these cops.

Did yall see the video of the black guy open carrying and the cops surrounded hin threw him on the ground and threatened the pregnant gf?

:sadcam:

I feel you on that.
shyt is depressing

But for me, I'm not even trying to challenge cops, I've just been a couple situations since moving to TX that have completely changed my view of gun ownership

shyt aint sweet around Oak Cliff/Desoto area :whew:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:patrice:

I don't agree with this law. I'm glad the brother knows his rights but that shyt seems too risky. He can record all he wants but when he's dead is he gonna be like :umad: from heaven?

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not unreasonable ask for the permit. But it's not unreasonable to decline.

The cop is dummy who didn't know the law. The cop should've simply asked the manager if he wanted the citizen to leave then instructed him to leave the property. He could've lectured the guy on how if he just showed his permit he could get his sandwich, but instead he's being kicked out hungry :yeshrug:

i live in an open carry state, i seen a million cacs with pistols, and not one person ever batted an eye

take it how you want