Cyberpunk Edgerunners | Out Now on Netflix

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I'm only on episode 5, but... we ready to talk about how this show is literally just Akame Ga Kill in Night City?

Down to the character archetypes.

That a talk that we ready to have?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm only on episode 5, but... we ready to talk about how this show is literally just Akame Ga Kill in Night City?

That a talk that we ready to have?
what do you remember about akame ga kill? that anime had no plot other than making up reasons for people to think they could run fair ones :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Completed it. Definitely a solid outing, feels very Trigger.

Hope they follow up with different gangs and angles, but I feel like they won't.

I think they'll look to go live action next if they continue, and it'll likely flop if it's not big budget

Yeah, I feel like a live-action version would be very costly, it’d have to be a movie.

As much as i enjoyed it i feel properly satisfied with this. Maybe they could have stretched the plot to 20 eps but im not mad at this being a one and done. I would ahve liked to see the voodoo boys though

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The more and more I think about it, this show really is a hood movie set in the future in anime form. Thats probably why I like it so much

Thats why i said it low key reminded me of juice lol

Man its a shame the story we did end up getting in the game after watching this.

Complete travesty

Yep, thats why i started to become more negative over time on it. I just feel like this universe had so much more story to tell beyond johnny silverhand

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Thats why i said it low key reminded me of juice lol

Yep, thats why i started to become more negative over time on it. I just feel like this universe had so much more story to tell beyond johnny silverhand

Yeah the open world didnt really do anything for the game.

If they would have made it a tight story driven 20 hour game with a story like this it would have got game of the year. Alas

V lore wise has to be close to a god :mjlol:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
what do you remember about akame ga kill? that anime had no plot other than making up reasons for people to think they could run fair ones :mjlol:
Let's run the parallels off of just the first half of the show, shall we?

Young guy experiences unfair tragedy brought on by the prevailing system of the world: check
Young guy decides he wants to do something about that system instead of falling in line with it: check
Young guy joins established, rebellious team and learns the ropes and that people are playing for keeps: check
Falls for the disaffected, slightly distant, quiet member of the team with a haunted backstory: check
Team loli has a thing for him that he seems aware of but only passingly concerned with: check
Team member dies, shaking everyone early: check
Strong, short-haired woman character/leader type checks out early through dubious means: check
Big bro character promises to pass on overpowered weaponry to protagonist on his death: check
Big bro character dies and does so: check
Protagonist must make jump from background character to centerpiece of squad using his new weaponry from his now dead friend: check
Protagonist definitely should be asking questions about his crush's weird past/future plans but isn't and will probably pay for it: check

It's,.. it's the same show.
They traded swords and big suits of armor for... guns and pieces of cyberware. But the plot skeleton is almost literally the same so far.,

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Let's run the parallels off of just the first half of the show, shall we?

Young guy experiences unfair tragedy brought on by the prevailing system of the world: check
Young guy decides he wants to do something about that system instead of falling in line with it: check
Young guy joins established, rebellious team and learns the ropes and that people are playing for keeps: check
Falls for the disaffected, slightly distant, quiet member of the team with a haunted backstory: check
Team loli has a thing for him that he seems aware of but only passingly concerned with: check
Team member dies, shaking everyone early: check
Strong, short-haired woman character/leader type checks out early through dubious means: check
Big bro character promises to pass on overpowered weaponry to protagonist on his death: check
Big bro character dies and does so: check
Protagonist must make jump from background character to centerpiece of squad using his new weaponry from his now dead friend: check
Protagonist definitely should be asking questions about his crush's weird past/future plans but isn't and will probably pay for it: check

It's,.. it's the same show.
They traded swords and big suits of armor for... guns and pieces of cyberware. But the plot skeleton is almost literally the same so far.,
watch more anime i guess because that skeleton applies to the seinen genre as a whole lol

akame is one of the emptiest shows put to the screen - that's why that loose comparison works man. if you squint you could line akame up to anything because it has zero substance. cowboy bebop and the majority of those points work too man