Cyborg: I Told UFC, I Want a Boxing Opportunity Like McGregor

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
UFC champion Cris Cyborg is less than a week away from defending her title against Holly Holm, who at one time was one of the top female boxers in the world - before making the full jump to MMA a few years ago.

But Cyborg is extremely interested in competing in the world of boxing.

She admits that there will be a deep emotional regret if she retires before taking part in at least one boxing match.

Cyborg has often discussed the idea of fighting the most dominant female boxer in the sport, unified champion Cecilia Braekhus. And she is very good friends with world champion and two-time Olympic gold medal winner Claressa Shields.

“I love to compete. I was competing when I was 12-years-old. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but you learn,” Cyborg said.

“I like to compete in everything I like to compete in jiu-jitsu, I like to compete in wrestling and Muay Thai, and if I have a chance to compete in boxing one day, why not? I think when you train in just one sport separately you learn more.

“It would be really nice to finish my career and maybe do one boxing fight, but I don’t know if that will happen.”

UFC superstar Conor McGregor had his boxing moment back in August, when he fought a returning Floyd Mayweather Jr. in one of the biggest sporting events of the year. Mayweather stopped McGregor in ten rounds.

Cyborg has spoken with the UFC to let them know that she wants to get the same opportunity as McGregor.

“Dana knows that. I told him if I had an opportunity like McGregor to do one boxing fight, yeah I would like to do that. I love my job, I love to fight and I love to compete,” said Cyborg.

“I don’t want to end my career and think about why I didn’t do it. I want to do it. I must train hard and do what I have in front of me when they have an opportunity for me.”

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Her and shields would be great. They are good friends but I seen them spar and Cyborg held her own.

If I had saw this before the fight tonight I would've definitely given Cyborg more credit in her boxing.

She wasn't too bad at all. She could crossover. Not sure who would watch her at 32 though

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
If I had saw this before the fight tonight I would've definitely given Cyborg more credit in her boxing.

She wasn't too bad at all. She could crossover. Not sure who would watch her at 32 though

yea this video is shocking to watch

she can def hold her own, and might even KO lower tier pros

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Her and shields would be great. They are good friends but I seen them spar and Cyborg held her own.

all ima say is cyborg people put that vid out and Shields was helping her w her boxing. That fight wouldn't be competitive AT ALL.

there is a difference w someone sparring to help you get better and a fight.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
all ima say is cyborg people put that vid out and Shields was helping her w her boxing. That fight wouldn't be competitive AT ALL.

there is a difference w someone sparring to help you get better and a fight.

You can make it competitive word to Conor and Mayweather:mjgrin:

In all seriousness I know that. Sparring is sparring all sparring cant be counted equal.

Shields is the best female fighter on the planet by far but i think Cyborg will do better than the last boxer Shields fought who got completely washed and she was a champ. I just said Shields because that would be the biggest fight that both can do in they careers and realistically the only one that would draw major interest. I think Cyborg could hold her own but be outclassed at same time if that makes since:patrice:. She was besting Holly in standup( 2 different sport but still:ld:) so she aint completely out of her league.