Albums Daft Punk Discovery vs Homework

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Which of these do you like more personally?

Like most Americans I first discovered Daft Punk through Discovery. Through and through it's an easy listen and a very cohesive album. I think it's a great introductory album for those that haven't heard French House and a gateway into other artists.

Homework I feel is their more funky album and overall more exciting if you're into Daft Punk and veer more towards electro house. I think an album like this is what inspired Justice to make their first album.

Give me your thoughts.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Depends what kind of dance music you like

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
I knew the really big daft punk songs but officially started listening to them in 2016

The week of being introduced to discovery was fukking amazing especially with the anime. So fukking good.

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a tough one. Discovery is a classic just with the video. Homework has a couple of tracks I tend to skip now.
Both albums used to be my playlist for weekly half-marathons.:blessed:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Discovery can be played from front to back. I didn't need it to grow on me like Homework and even then I didn't like it.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Homework is a BC/AD moment in house music development and electronic production. I advise anyone that takes house music and left field dance music serious to study that album front to back,dive into the sample manipulation and soundscape. This album changed how people listen to dance music over here,I can't sing it's praises enough..If there is a shortlist of 90s/early 2k albums,this is on it. My shortlist when it comes to electronic dance music.
Timless-Goldie.
Moon Safari-Air.
Wookie-Self titled.
Dizzee Rascal-BITC.
Daft Punk-Honework.
Grooverider-Mysteries of funk.
Underworld-A hundred days off.
Basement Jaxx-Rooty.
Molokko-I am not a doctor/Statues.
Justice-Cross.
MJ Cole-Sincere.

Everything you hear now pertaining to dance based music has elements of one of these records in them that in turn where influenced by early funk,disco.hip hop and reggae records.