*DALLAS* African American Studies course could be expanded to the rest of TX (and elsewhere?)

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
The course explores the contributions of African Americans beyond slavery and the civil rights movement and could be offered as soon as fall 2020.

AUSTIN — Texas education officials are considering offering a high school African American Studies course across the state.

A State Board of Education committee voted unanimously Thursday to present the course, which was developed for Dallas ISD, to the full board and members of the public in November. If approved, it would be Texas’ second ethnic studies course and could be offered in schools as soon as fall 2020.

--

The curriculum begins by highlighting the contributions of African civilizations to math, science and history before exploring the lives and impact of African Americans throughout history. The hope is that educators talk about African Americans outside of discussions of slavery and the civil rights movement, Thomas said.

“In the past, and depending on the institution, we've started with the trauma of our experience,” she said. “We wanted to start from the beauty of the African American experiences here in the United States and beyond.”

Dallas ISD's African American Studies course could be expanded to the rest of Texas

The bold is exactly what the fukk I'm talmbout :wow: this article is from September but it's going to state congress this week... Quiet as it's kept, Texas has a bit of sway in Curriculum for the rest of the country :smugfavre: so if this happens for us it could potentially happen for you somewhere down the line :whoo:

I LOVE MY CITY!! :blessed: Dallas stand up :salute: