Dammit Frank ..

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
:snoop:

Bay Area News Anchor Frank Somerville Arrested on DUI Suspicion in Oakland Crash

Frank Somerville Arrested: Why was Frank Somerville Arrested? Charges Explained: The arrest news of popular figures has become the most common news to hear these days. As per the latest news One-time KTVU news anchor, Frank Somerville was apprehended Thursday night on suspicion of driving under the influence after he has emerged in a collide in downtown Oakland, as per the authorities. The collide has happened around 07:45 PM close to the intersection of West Grand Avenue and Broadway, as per Oakland police. Several cops and media sources asserted that Somerville was the one who has been apprehended. Follow More Update On GetIndiaNews.com

Frank-Somerville-Arrested.jpg

Frank Somerville Arrested
After this collision, witnesses informed officers that the vehicle of Somerville crashed with another car from behind. After the initial crash, the other driver exited their vehicle, and Somerville proceeded through the intersection, pushing the other automobile into a pole on the Southeast corner of the intersection. After this collision, the video has appeared online which showcases the Porsche of Somerville crashed into another motor vehicle from behind and pushed it off the street.

The inmate record at Santa Rita Prison in Dublin viewed Somerville was lodged and then released with a citation to come up in court. It was not known instantly when that court appearance will be. Police also confirmed that the driver of one vehicle hit another one from behind. Video from the incident posted by KRON viewed that the car that ran into the other one was a Porsche.

Why was Frank Somerville Arrested?
Police said that, After the collision, the driver of the motor vehicle that had been hit exited the motor vehicle. At that point, the Porsche continues through the intersection pushing the other vehicle into a pole on the southeast corner of the intersection. Police officers at the incident spot determined he had been driving the car under the influence.

An ambulance took Somerville to an area hospital named Highland Hospital for treatment and to get a blood-alcohol test. He was later taken to Santa Rita Jail and booked on DUI charges. The other driver who was involved in the crash was unwounded.

Somerville has had a boisterous year. In the month of September, he informed the news organization that he anticipated his days anchoring at KTVU were over after he was suspended in the same month September for an off-air brawl about the coverage of the Gabby Petito case. He also was off the telecast for much of the summer following a now-notorious May 30 newscast, when he repeatedly slurred and stumbled over his words and appeared to have trouble reading off the teleprompter.

Cops released no other information but encouraged anyone who may have information to contact them at 510-777-8570.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
KTVU anchor calls out racist who disapproves of his family

1200x0.jpg

1of11This photo of KTVU Anchor Frank Somerville and his daughter has been shared thousands of times on Facebook. Frank Somerville
1200x0.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO — It's bizarre when someone calls me out with a sickening comment. But that's what happened. So now I'm calling him out.

On the "visitor posts" section of (my Facebook) page, someone posted the picture of me taking out my daughter's braids several years ago.

The caption said:
"This was sent to me by a friend in another state! Love you Frank!!"

But right after that someone named Terrance J. posted this exact comment:

"F**king disgrace smh smh nasty ass crakka touching sister hair smh"
(smh means shake my head. SFGATE added the asterisks)

I'm not posting the guy's full name. I don't think there's any need for that.

What I can say is that I feel sad for him. Because of his life experiences, when he looks at this picture he doesn't see a dad who loves his daughter with all his heart.

All he sees is a "f**king disgrace" and a "crakka touching sister hair."

I actually wrote him back and asked him why he would say that.

More for you
He hasn't responded. I hope he does because I'm genuinely curious to hear his answer.

We always knew that when we adopted my daughter we might get comments like that. But I can't even remember the last time it happened.

In fact, I can probably count on one hand the number of negative things people have said.

READ: Was the racist comment actually from a white person, fomenting racial tension?

This one though is by far the nastiest comment we've gotten. Again, it doesn't make me angry. Just sad.

The only way it would make me upset is if someone said something like that to my daughter's face. Because that would hurt her. And no one is going to hurt my daughter.

I hope Terrance J. sees this. And I would love it if he responds.

But most of all I hope he realizes that maybe there's nothing wrong with a white dad loving his black daughter more than anything in this world.

‪#‎StopTheHate‬

‪#‎WereAllHuman‬

Frank Somerville is a contributor to SFGATE and anchors the 5, 6, and 10 p.m. news on KTVU. This post originally appeared on November 23rd and has since been shared more than 4,000 times on Somerville's Facebook Page.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area News Anchor Pulled Off Air Over Dispute About Gabby Petito Coverage (Report)

KTVU’s Frank Somerville wanted to add a note about the disproportionate coverage of missing white women

September 25, 2021

Frank-Somerville-Gabby-Petito-936x527.jpg

KTVU/Instagram

Frank Somerville, anchor for Fox Bay Area news affiliate KTVU, has been pulled off air by the network over a behind-the-scenes dispute concerning coverage of the Gabby Petito missing persons case.

According to The Mercury News,

Somerville wanted to add a tagline to a segment about the Petito case pointing out the disparity in coverage of missing persons cases of white women relative to women of color.

The disparity has become part of the national conversation surrounding the Petito case after MSNBC host Joy Reid brought it up on her show “The ReidOut” this past Monday.

“The Petito family certainly deserves answers and justice,” Reid said. “ But the way this story captivated the nation has many wondering why not the same media attention when people of color go missing? Well, the answer actually has a name: Missing White Woman Syndrome, the term coined by the late and great Gwen Ifill to describe the media and public fascination with missing white women like Laci Peterson or Natalee Holloway while ignoring cases involving of people of color.”

Also Read:
MSNBC’s Joy Reid Questions Media Focus on Gabby Petito Case: ‘Missing White Woman Syndrome’ (Video)
The Mercury News said that Somerville, who has an adopted Black daughter, pushed back after the tagline was refused, though there was no information on how heated the discussion got. His indefinite suspension comes just six weeks after ending a previous leave of absence for health issues when he struggled to read his teleprompter and slurred his words during a broadcast in May.

TheWrap has reached out to KTVU for additional comment.

Petito, 22, had been reported missing earlier this month while on a camping trip and was found dead in Wyoming last week. An arrest warrant has been issued by the FBI for Petito’s fiance, Brian Laundrie.