Damn...even the crappiest Asian household has a higher income than the average ADOS home

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s flawed for a lot of reasons to use these metrics.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’m actually surprised at the Bengali median income. Many of those people are poor and I recall years ago seeing their media income was far below than what this graph is showing. Maybe I was looking at a wrong stat back then.

For example many of them here in NY live in the hood.
I noticed in Buffalo, Bangladeshi families are moving from NYC from places like Queens to the East side of Buffalo which is like 90% AA and houses are dirt cheap. I saw a house with a NYC green livery cab outside with a Bangladeshi doing some work on his porch and had to ask him tf you doing here.

Bengalis in the Bronx don’t really live in the hood. They not in Morrisania, they not in Highbridge, they not in Mott Haven, etc.

They’re in Norwood, Parkchester, Bedford Park, Castle Hill. Neighborhoods that may have some tough blocks or NYCHA developments but overall got a more middle working class profile.

U right tho idk wtf this chart is showing Bengali immigrants have above average poverty rate. It must be their highest earners throwing their median off.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I noticed in Buffalo, Bangladeshi families are moving from NYC from places like Queens to the East side of Buffalo which is like 90% AA and houses are dirt cheap. I saw a house with a NYC green livery cab outside with a Bangladeshi doing some work on his porch and had to ask him tf you doing here.

Bengalis in the Bronx don’t really live in the hood. They not in Morrisania, they not in Highbridge, they not in Mott Haven, etc.

They’re in Norwood, Parkchester, Bedford Park, Castle Hill. Neighborhoods that may have some tough blocks or NYCHA developments but overall got a more middle working class profile.

U right tho idk wtf this chart is showing Bengali immigrants have above average poverty rate. It must be their highest earners throwing their median off.

In Brooklyn a lot live in Kensington which is a nice area and a lot also live in East New York. Jamaica and South Jamaica have them too.

Actually south Asians in southeast Brooklyn and south east Queens are starting to move into many middle class black areas. So the children of these black folks who aren’t buying in these areas are literally giving the neighborhood to south Asians.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: That’s a fukking LIE. I live right down the street from a affluent white neighborhood and them Cacs be stunting HARD.

Not a lie at all. I believe a Prius is the most popular car in many wealthy areas in Washington state. Actually if you go to any wealthy area you’ll still see almost the same cars as anywhere but the exptoc whips just stand out more.

Granted there is nothing wrong with stunting if you can easily afford that lifestyle

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I really don't think it's that high overall,maybe just those that reported. If you look at a neighborhood like Jackson heights in queens, most people living there are living very modestly in cramped spaces working a lot of the blue collar and service jobs. If you look at flushing, just a ton of chinese people working blue collar jobs, lots of immigrants just scraping by.

Once you travel East of flushing you start noticing many wealthy Asians especially Koreans.

Same goes for Northern New Jersey.

Jackson Heights and Flushing are starting points for these immigrants.

lib123

All Star
Daps
When I hear Black ppl say wow I'm shocked, I didn't know we were doing this bad, all my friends are balling

Nikkas really live in a bubble once they hit a certain salary

Crazy tho because I guess they don't have to interact with the hood at all?

Even for family dinners?

They don’t even really got it like that. They have relatively high incomes and most barely save, maxing out credit even. Hence why you rarely see Black professionals pass down wealth, which many could if they lived below their means…

Last edited:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
my people do this too and many Africans do but we don't pile up into one house. we have family compounds. so no it doesn't have to be THEIR WAY. their way is not fit for everyone. they are not happy because of this lifestyle either just because it is a tradition. they have no personal space. abuse is very common in Indian families and so forth. from elder abuse to spouse abuse.

it's a pipe dream to tell people that they should live miserably in order to accomplish something as a collective. that's not the only solution and it's not a once size fits all type of thing.

again i will stress that those stats were not about family income but household income. if you have the mentality to do this you can achieve it by turning your home into a rooming house. that's all they do. have hella people piled into a home mattresses on the floor. people sleeping in shifts still working shyt jobs stacking up towards their goal. if you can stomach any of that go for it.

i'm a practical person. i don't believe that shyt is appealing to anyone in here who is claiming we should follow that model. that shyt is just idealism. none of y'all would live like that.

Who cares if it's appealing or not? The only question is whether it's effective. You're on some "I got mine" philosophy.