Damn, Look what they did to this 16 year at the Olympics.

kurt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK Forever.
With time running out in one of the two semifinal matches for the women's individual epee competition, South Korea's Shin A Lam led Germany's Britta Heidermann by a single point. Officially, Heidermann had just one second to launch an attack and score a touch, which would advance her on to the gold medal match to face the Ukraine's Yana Shemyakina, a lack of time which all but ensured that Shin would advance.

Instead, the timing mechanism on the piste became stuck, giving Heidermann extra time to complete her attack and win the bout, which earned her the spot in the gold medal bout. Officials, unsure what to do without a true, official protocol to follow, eventually decided to award the victory to Heidermann.

Fencing controversy forces Korean to sit on piste for ages, eventually costs her medal | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

:dwillhuh::mindblown:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
If I'm reading that correctly, wouldn't common sense say that the Korean chick won? I don't get how they can rule against her if the other girl's attack took longer than 1 second. That seems super shady.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
There's been a lot of controversy already.

The men's team gymnastics finals was some fukkery. They told the Ukrainian team that they won Bronze, had them celebrating and crying, then a few minutes later took it back :heh: :snoop:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
There's been a lot of controversy already.

The men's team gymnastics finals was some fukkery. They told the Ukrainian team that they won Bronze, had them celebrating and crying, then a few minutes later took it back :heh: :snoop:
Ive seen enough Olympics games t know that THERE WILL ALWAYS BE CONTROVERSY.

Humans from all corners of the world getting together to compete for a single prize will not go smoothly.

But as far as the thread goes yeah the Korean girl got fukked.

Now watch how they will try to fukk the chinese girl from the swimming team.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I want a full blown report on this. It seems like it would be obvious, but it took 30 minutes for this? The gymnastics thing, yea I saw that, thats more logical there, but not this

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when they stripped some girl of her gold medal in 2004 because she took Nurofen for her headaches (Ibuprofen's european equivalent).

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
gyLmi.gif