Damn, now I gotta go learn a bantu language and some french

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Welp, that settles it. :francis:
I guess I gotta go and start learning me a new bantu based language ....and some french.:patrice:

:ohhh:

:patrice:
Congo? ...Cameroon???
Francophone_Africa-250x140.png

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I believe I have to get familiar with a new language(s)

I've found a new series based in Africa I'd like to follow but have no idea what they are saying ...because I'm not fluent in the language the narration & dialog occurs in.

:ld:
Make sense now or should I go further?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I believe I have to get familiar with a new language(s)

I've found a new series based in Africa I'd like to follow but have no idea what they are saying ...because I'm not fluent in the language the narration & dialog occurs in.

:ld:
Make sense now or should I go further?
Oh ok

What country is it from

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Oh ok

What country is it from
:patrice:
That's part of the dilemma actually

I see alot of n- m- "agglutinative terms" which lead me to think a Congolese language mixed in with some french.:jbhmm:

Francophone Africa and the bantu linguistic family overlap around congo, gabon, cameroon, etc. so that's my educated guess:francis:

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Thanks for putting those links @videogamestashbox.com gonna check em out later

My guess is Cameroon or Gabon, had a Gabonese friend whose last name was Minko, but some other names I quickly heard here sound like Cameroon. Def not DRC I think. Could be wrong though. Just watched a couple minutes of the first one, didn't hear any bantu language, it's in french and the rest are names.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Thanks for putting those links @videogamestashbox.com gonna check em out later

My guess is Cameroon or Gabon, had a Gabonese friend whose last name was Minko, but some other names I quickly heard here sound like Cameroon. Def not DRC I think. Could be wrong though. Just watched a couple minutes of the first one, didn't hear any bantu language, it's in french and the rest are names.

Not DRC, I'm talking about...
republic_of_congo_political_map.png

But otherwise yeah thats pretty much the region I was expecting.

Francophone Africa and the bantu linguistic family overlap around congo, gabon, cameroon, etc. so that's my educated guess:francis:

I caught the french pretty easy I just wasn't sure where the rest came from. It could be french based with some nouns from an African language. I watch a lot of Nigerian movies in English and they still use a lot of Igbo terms even though the majority is in English. You can usually catch what the term means by the context in which it's repeatedly used though ....it took me a min to get what the hell "igwe" meant:mindblown: (I kept thinking it meant "hello" at first :mjlol:)

That said I went with Congo because in studying Dr. Fu-Kiau Bunseki's(who actually was from DRC) works around my palo mayombe studies I found a lot of "Bantu Congo area" terms like N-ganga, N-fumbe, N-tanga, M-bungi, Ki-kongo, Di-kenga, etc etc
I saw a lot of words like that in the videos also which is why I started my search around that region.:yeshrug: ...even with your name mbewane I would start my guess in a circle around Angola, Camaroon, CAR, DRC ....then expand to other African countries if I were looking to find where that name comes from.:patrice:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Not DRC, I'm talking about...
republic_of_congo_political_map.png

But otherwise yeah thats pretty much the region I was expecting.

I caught the french pretty easy I just wasn't sure where the rest came from. It could be french based with some nouns from an African language. I watch a lot of Nigerian movies in English and they still use a lot of Igbo terms even though the majority is in English. You can usually catch what the term means by the context in which it's repeatedly used though ....it took me a min to get what the hell "igwe" meant:mindblown: (I kept thinking it meant "hello" at first :mjlol:)

That said I went with Congo because in studying Dr. Fu-Kiau Bunseki's(who actually was from DRC) works around my palo mayombe studies I found a lot of "Bantu Congo area" terms like N-ganga, N-fumbe, N-tanga, M-bungi, Ki-kongo, Di-kenga, etc etc
I saw a lot of words like that in the videos also which is why I started my search around that region.:yeshrug: ...even with your name mbewane I would start my guess in a circle around Angola, Camaroon, CAR, DRC ....then expand to other African countries if I were looking to find where that name comes from.:patrice:

No offense to anyone but being half-Belgian I damn near never think of the "other" Congo :snoop: Strangely enough despite living years in France I've never met a breh from Congo-Brazza :dwillhuh:

Yeah you're right I'm half-CAR, Mbewane's from the West, or the country, it's in gbaya (which I don't speak :francis:)