Damn some of these black cinema shows are trash..:Free Rayshawn

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Watching this show on roku app, it's five minute episodes n about some brother who gets in a standoff with police in his apartment with his thickass wife n son.

He starts streaming on live, referencing Tamir Rice n I think Mike Brown to try n get support n keep pressure on the cops outside.
His wife is terrified of the situation n his son is too, especially after the cops shot up his apartment from the ground outside.

He keeps saying he's been setup, but he refuses to elaborate just how or why. He just keeps saying get the DA down there so he can tell his story.

His wife is disgusted with him, his son is terrified of him but he won't say anything in his defense to help them understand how they got to this point.

He just keeps on sweating, flipping between acting crazy and looking sad.

This black trauma ish is so terribly written, that I can't believe they were able to get Laurence Fishbourne to do it.

THIS NIKKA WON'T EXPLAIN THE CIRCUMSTANCES, TO HIS ENDANGERED WIFE OR THE LIVE STREAM.

We need better writers, badly

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
We need to expand Genres. Black struggle cinema is like food to white people. Give me some black scifi or fantasy. I know black people suffer in the world. I'm black.

I agree but tbh I don't want it if the writing is still trash.

Like this might get me called a c00n but GOT became the biggest show in the world off the strength of superb writing.

I don't want black scifi and fantasy if the same subpar writing follows.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I agree but tbh I don't want it if the writing is still trash.

Like this might get me called a c00n but GOT became the biggest show in the world off the strength of superb writing.

I don't want black scifi and fantasy if the same subpar writing follows.
We have good black scifi writers out there. We just don't look into them or talk about them.