Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Has this game flopped yet? What's the sale figures:shaq:

Oh it flopped alright...:pachaha:

Article:

Saints Row Team Will Be Folded into Gearbox

Saints Row PS5 PS4
Saints Row studio Volition will now be led by Gearbox Software, the Embracer Group has announced. This is because the game "did not meet the full expectations and left the fanbase partially polarized". As the studio works to improve the open world title — something it has already begun with this month's update — it will become part of the Borderlands team to create "future success".
Despite the split opinion amongst the fan base, Saints Row "performed in line with management expectations in the quarter", increasing "organic growth" by 35 per cent. "This is the first internal group transfer where we transfer a major studio between operative groups, but it is not necessarily the last," the company states.
Recently, the Embracer Group also shut down Hitman GO developer Square Enix Montreal just weeks after it rebranded to Onoma. The Embracer Group has claimed it wants to focus on console and PC experiences going forward, and with Onoma primarily being a mobile studio, it was cut.
Source

Basic summary:

"What amuses me is that they KNEW the game was polarizing months before they released it and there are YouTube videos that have chronicled the insults they threw at fans on Twitter as proof.
They attacked the old fans, had too much pride to change course and released a buggy product all in the name of chasing a non-existent audience."
One great youtube video that summarized all the events that led to this if you have 21 mins to spear:

All they had to do is just listen, but nah haters gonna hate...:wow:
shyttttt... I thought they love the fans. :ohhh:

TvPDb4aH_o.png

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:francis: All they had to do was capitalize off of Saints Row 2 or 3 at least (Screw the haters). Instead they made a game for folks that have zippers on knee parts of their jeans, they/thus pronouns, and 8tracks playlist accounts.

Such wasted potential.
I think what hurt them they got tired of the GTA clone label and strayed far from it and lost their audience and the magic of the first 2 games. I don't think there's any shame in being a GTA clone that is a bit over the top, but they decided to go to over the top and lost their audience.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I think what hurt them they got tired of the GTA clone label and strayed far from it and lost their audience and the magic of the first 2 games. I don't think there's any shame in being a GTA clone that is a bit over the top, but they decided to go to over the top and lost their audience.

I mean lets keep it a buck. Every game that features 3rd person, a car, missions, and mini games will be considered a "GTA Clone". From Watch Dogs to Saints Row. There's no escaping the comparisons but at the same time, it should be a honor to be known of such things. It means you a GOAT of a GOAT. Honestly, the GTA clones I've played shyts all over GTA as a entire series. Sleeping Dogs being one of them :banderas:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I mean lets keep it a buck. Every game that features 3rd person, a car, missions, and mini games will be considered a "GTA Clone". From Watch Dogs to Saints Row. There's no escaping the comparisons but at the same time, it should be a honor to be known of such things. It means you a GOAT of a GOAT. Honestly, the GTA clones I've played shyts all over GTA as a entire series. Sleeping Dogs being one of them :banderas:
I think devs take that shyt to heart, which can lead them into losing their audience. Like you said there's nothing wrong about being compared to GTA or other successful games. It's a shame they didn't know their audience because they easily could've capitalized on the GTA drought.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Any way they try to spin it, its an L. Developer with highly successful games don't get absorbed into other studios. CEO is basically saying that Volition doesn't have the juice anymore so someone else needs to take the reigns.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Let's keep it a buck, brehs were a major demographic of the first two games and they ostracized us with the turd which was the third and it was curtains. They got some additional units with the 4th game but were already digging their coffin. I remember those XBL PTP days, brehs. The SR2 MC marketing commercials, brehs. The tonal shift was just too evident with the third game. SR2 objectively was a fun game for most people period but it filled the void which was lacking with GTA 4 gaining some of that GTA SA fanbase.

For nostalgic purposes I can't help but :scust: w/e I see the series title now. Good riddance.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Kinda happy True Crime got scrapped. Sleeping Dogs is masterpiece. :wow:
Let's keep it a buck, brehs were a major demographic of the first two games and they ostracized us with the turd which was the third and it was curtains. They got some additional units with the 4th game but were already digging their coffin. I remember those XBL PTP days, brehs. The SR2 MC marketing commercials, brehs. The tonal shift was just too evident with the third game. SR2 objectively was a fun game for most people period but it filled the void which was lacking with GTA 4 gaining some of that GTA SA fanbase.

For nostalgic purposes I can't help but :scust: w/e I see the series title now. Good riddance.
All I ever seen on TV was the SR2 commercials EVERYWHERE. I could never get my hands on it, but man did they want me to play it so bad back then. :wow:SR3 never felt right for me. When I read the gameinformer issue of it, I kept thinking, "this is soft" :mjlol:. After finishing the game, I didn't really enjoy like I wanted to. I never would of thought it can get much worse, but look at it now. Crazy. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
London
It was always going to be difficult for them because they simply don't have the budget to compete properly today. In the past sure because GTA wasn't the monster that it is now. Gearbox made Borderlands so we will see what happens.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Should I play this? is this decent or semi-wack like Agents of Mayhem.
Get it for like $20 so you don't hate yourself later.
Oh and it's closer to Agents Of Mayhem :francis:
I was goin hard in the Saints Row Reddit, had MFers clutching pearls :mjlol:

Saints Row 2 was the peak and they fukked it up:mjcry: