Dana Was STUPID For Not Signing Ben Askren

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Ben Askren in ONE FC killing it :umad: Dana repeatedly passed on him and even said he should go to WSOF. That's a 3rd tier promotion :wtf: Askren said after his six fight contract that he's gonna retire :win: One of the bests to never fight in the UFC besides Fedor.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Was about to jump in this thread shytting on him but I quickly looked at his record and he's racked up a few finishes in his last few :ehh:

dude looks like the breh from avatar though :mjlol:

Guy Incognito

Homer? Who is Homer?
Daps
He's killing it at one fc, cause he's fighting bums

He has no striking/BJJ.. only wrestling

Rory, Lawler, Woodley etc would stop the takedown and light him up on the feet

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He's killing it at one fc, cause he's fighting bums

He has no striking/BJJ.. only wrestling

Rory, Lawler, Woodley etc would stop the takedown and light him up on the feet

His striking was getting better at the end of his Bellator stint. Not great, but you could tell he was way more confident with it than earlier.

Losing to Rory and Lawler isn't a slight, they're top 2 WWs in the world. Askren is probably top 8. Anyone with that dominant top control is a real problem. He could beat guys like Maia and Stun Gun

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
This is Ben Askren we're talking about. :dead: Not even hardcore fans care about Askren. Have you watched him fight?

Excellent wrestler, but that's about it.

Good for him though. From what I've heard he has a good contract at One FC. He gets paid pretty well to fight low level competition. Although most of his opponents are juiced to the gills :lupe:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
At this stage of his career has dude even beat 1 name? There are 2 welterweights in WSOF (the only major org in north America he ain't burned bridges with) where we can truly gauge if he's legit but he refuses out of some misplaced pride of his worth or fear of getting exposed. Either way beating on Filipinos who are just as bad maybe worse than orientals don't impress me much

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Easy to look good feasting on Asian/European kickboxers who don't have a clue about wrestling. Apparently he won today against one of the aforementioned no named fighters who don't bother making weight. He honestly would get washed in the UFC. Hes an absolute beast with his transtions and holding position. But most of the top ten in the UFC have strong wrestling base or if not some semblance of TDD. I saw Askren struggle taking Jay Heiron down in Bellator. Hes still very awkward striking and has suspect defense on the feet. He would be gatekeeper status

Last edited:

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I felt like Hieron beat him....

I wanted GSP to go the boxing route after he retired and try to self-promote a fight/event vs. Askren...

2 dominant grapplers at welterweight...if the fight was good...it might've compelled other high profile MMArtists to do their own thing or maybe just do business with gsp...fighters coming together to try to get more money/take control from all these organizations in mma.

wishful thinking...
for what it's worth...I always thought askren's post fight interviews were pretty funny...but yeah...a legit wrestler with competent striking would wash him most nights.