Dana White: Anderson Silva vs. GSP Super Fight likely for Cowboys Stadium

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Why does everyone think Jones all of a sudden NEEDS to fight Silva so badly?? I mean damn, homey only been a champ a HOT MINUTE. Dude is a beast but he needs to continue to prove himself and clear out his division ala Silva and somewhat GSP.

I mean tho we can speculate, we honestly cant say without a shout of doubt that dude is just the far BEST at 205. There are a few other fights I'd like to see before he should be honored with a fight with Silva

Because silva is almost 40 and doesnt have much time left in the ring. I mean who wouldn't want to see this fight (ESP if silva was in his prime) they're almost equal length and height; silva a better striker; jones better wrestler; ect. Even now I'd rather see this fight than see gsp lay on top of him for 5 rounds in them shorts :huhldup:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
GSP would win easily, i don't see the point.

5 rounds of GSP holding silva down, who wants to see that?

I wouldn't say "easily" but I'm inclined to agree. Especially if GSP kept most of his speed and explosiveness post surgery.

The fight was exciting on paper until GSP got Matt Serra'ed and has only shown a real mean streak or fire about himself when he fought Penn 2, Serra 2, or Kos 2 people he hated at the time.

Has all the makings of being a meh kinda fight

Jones/ Silva "looks good" as an idea but Jones while rendering the LHW division helpless more or less would be better served moving up since as he fills out (pause) hes likely going to HW anyway, than fighting a 37/38 year old smaller man. The fight at this stage is likely to look like GSP vs Penn 2.. . The UFC would be well served if Silva were to retire undefeated in the UFC for marketing purposes as the last images of most of their legends is of them laid out beaten. Badly in a few instances too

-P-

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's possible but at the same time why put this fight in a place like cowboys stadium when they've proven to sell out crowds in canada and brazil and the there's more of a demand ticket wise with the fanbase and following of mma in canada. this fight would be huge in rogers centre or even olympic stadium.

overall i dont even care for this fight anymore, jones-silva is the real fight most fans want to see.
They ain't gonna fill that stadium. Mexicans ain't all about that MMA shyt.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Because silva is almost 40 and doesnt have much time left in the ring. I mean who wouldn't want to see this fight (ESP if silva was in his prime) they're almost equal length and height; silva a better striker; jones better wrestler; ect. Even now I'd rather see this fight than see gsp lay on top of him for 5 rounds in them shorts :huhldup:

Fair enough.... but at the same time.... dude needs to clear out his division. Yea yea the age thing, I get it.... but so what, it means nothing if he wins or loses to Silva then goes on and loses to someone in his weight class and never gets a shot again on some Tito Ortiz shyt

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GSP would win easily, i don't see the point.

5 rounds of GSP holding silva down, who wants to see that?

u really think that, gsp is 4 inches shorter then sonnen

if anything sonnens size gave anderson some problems

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Why y'all talking about GSP wait till this condut fight

This.

We have no idea how GSP is gonna look after that surgery. Dudes been out for like a year. The only way he "could" win a fight with Spider is if he goes back to being Rush St Pierre..but even then Silva would still most likely out strike him. This fight isnt nearly as interesting as it would have been 3 years ago.

semtex

:)
Daps
Only casual fans think this fight would be entertaining. :mjpls: looks better on paper than in real time.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought GSP wanted to fight Nick Diaz after Condit?

Wasnt that the plan until Diaz got popped?

Not really interested in Silva/GSP

Dana needs to make Diaz vs Silva or Diaz vs GSP if he wants a super fight

semtex

:)
Daps

Sonnen is not really 6'1 his hair is figured into the height number. Sonnen however, does walk around at up to 230lbs sometimes and weighed 218 the night of the fight.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

he's the same guy that said Sonnen would beat Jon Jones in the octagon. I was baffled, until I looked at the screen name and realized it was him. If he ain't discussing soccer, he's trolling.

Just trying to give you a heads up.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Dana's an idiot maybe you should wait till GSP actually fights before you start talking about this. He may never be the same and his cardio could possibly be garbage coming back then who the fukks really gonna want this fight. This fight only picks up steam if GSP comes back and steamrolls Condit.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Dana's an idiot maybe you should wait till GSP actually fights before you start talking about this. He may never be the same and his cardio could possibly be garbage coming back then who the fukks really gonna want this fight. This fight only picks up steam if GSP comes back and steamrolls Condit.
Dana isnt as much as an idiot as the fans that are buying into this (becoming a reality) are..UFC is sinking into irrelevancy and has had a string of PR disasters.What better way to steer things in the opposite direction than by digging down the same well of wetting the fans appetite with a dream fight scenario.They have played this card many times and if it didnt happen after ufc 101 it was never going to happen.Hell wasnt this the same week dana was asking if fans want to see fedor/brock :rudy:

ps The only way gsp/silva happen is if its brock type scenario where they know gsp is damaged goods