Dana White discusses why Ronda Rousey may never fight again

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
be gentle brehs and have a bit of chill...
123116-ufc-ronda-rousey.vadapt.767.high.0.jpg

Ronda Rousey’s fighting career is most likely finished, UFC president Dana White said last week.

As seen in the UFC Unfiltered Podcast, White said that he had a conversation with Rousey recently, and thought that she was on the verge of retirement.

White was quoted as saying, "“Her spirits are good and she’s doing her own thing,”

"In the conversation I had with her, if I had to say right here, right now – and I don’t like saying right here, right now because it’s up to her, it’s her thing – but I wouldn’t say she fights again."

"I think she’s probably done. I think she’s going to ride off in the sunset and start living her life outside of fighting".

Rousey, who has a 12-2 record in MMA, had been on the receiving end of quick knockouts from opponents in her last two UFC main events.

White further went on to say, "It’s not that I even think it was an invincible thing, it’s that she’s so competitive that her career and record meant everything to her. Then, once she lost, she started to say to herself, What the hell am I doing? This is my whole life? This is it? I want to experience and start doing other things. That’s what she’s started to do."

Earlier, in an interview on TMZ Sports, White was quoted as saying, "When you're a professional athlete and you're competing at a certain level, the day comes when you don't anymore. It happened to Ronda."

Also, Travis Browne, who is Ronda Rousey's boyfriend, has insisted he does not know if Ronda Rousey plans to retire from UFC.

According to ESPN, he was quoted as saying, "She’s doing great and she’s in a good place. I don’t know [about what she plans to do]. She and I haven’t really had that talk. That’s going to be her decision, that she has got to make".

"Honestly, I don’t know. When the time comes, she’s going to do it her way.That’s what her supporters appreciate. She’ll do it like she did everything else: Her way".

Meanwhile, Rousey, who is serving a six-week ban from fighting lasting until Feb. 14, has yet to publicly confirm her retirement. Her last statement regarding her future came last month when she said that she needed some time to consider her future.