Daniel Garcia Discussed How He Became The MVP Of AEW

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
As much as I hate how much they are pushing him I think they dropped the ball a little with him last night. He gets a win over someone people consider the best wrestler in the world and he doesn’t have a follow up match where he looks strong or a promo in front of the crowd, just doing a little backstage promo doesn’t feel like building off that “career defining” moment for him
They also dropped the ball not following up with Hager and Dragon. We needed at the very least a promo from a pissed off Danielson.

I'll never "get" Tony's idea of letting feuds and storylines have off weeks without even a promo package on TV.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
AEW’s Daniel Garcia made an appearance on the Battleground podcast to discuss a wide range of topics.

During it, he spoke about Triple H taking over as head of creative in WWE. Garcia worked for WWE on an episode of 205 Live in July 2018, where he lost against Drew Gulak. Fast forward two years later, Garcia made his debut in All Elite Wrestling.

“My time in NXT was maybe a day. Triple H, I’m a huge fan of. I think he’s one of the greatest ever. He was one of my favorites when I was a kid. He’s offered us so many great memories that are kind of like my first memories in wrestling. Like the thumbs up, thumbs down, that kind of stuff is the first stuff that I remember watching when I was a kid. That really made me and my family really strong wrestling fans in that area. I mean, it was hard not to watch Triple H during that time. He was plastered all over the WWE product. He was the franchise player.

“I think it’s great that he’s taken over. I mean, I don’t know what their plans are over there, but I think it’s great. I think it’s going to give a lot of independent wrestlers great opportunities in professional wrestling at a very high level, and I think that’s good for everybody. More valid places for wrestlers to work is going to create a lot more opportunities for everybody around, and it’s going to create a lot more competition. I think healthy competition, maybe even some unhealthy competition, is good for everybody.”

Daniel Garcia: Triple H Is 'One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Ever'

Wonder how soon the Stooge World Order is going to change their tune on Garcia. :sas2:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They also dropped the ball not following up with Hager and Dragon. We needed at the very least a promo from a pissed off Danielson.

I'll never "get" Tony's idea of letting feuds and storylines have off weeks without even a promo package on TV.

My problem with Tony is that he doesn't develop any of his stories. There's very little thought and effort given to their storylines. You just jump from match to match with a brief scattering of story development in between. Even the UFC runs promos between their fights.

Now there's too many guys signed, and he feels the pressure to give TV time to everyone so everyone's individual stories and feuds suffer. Maybe ROH will help with the logjam, but then I see him signing generic cacs like Josh Woods and Tony Nese and it just makes me wonder...how is he going to create meaningful opportunities for the people that have fallen off the radar like Private Party, PNP, Angelico, etc?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
My problem with Tony is that he doesn't develop any of his stories. There's very little thought and effort given to their storylines. You just jump from match to match with a brief scattering of story development in between. Even the UFC runs promos between their fights.

Now there's too many guys signed, and he feels the pressure to give TV time to everyone so everyone's individual stories and feuds suffer. Maybe ROH will help with the logjam, but then I see him signing generic cacs like Josh Woods and Tony Nese and it just makes me wonder...how is he going to create meaningful opportunities for the people that have fallen off the radar like Private Party, PNP, Angelico, etc?
Angelico probably should just be released.

I think PnP is over. Santana and Ortiz have had a falling out with each other from what I’ve read.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I have nothing wrong with what Garcia did. At his age, unless you were buying DVDs and PPVs, really the only wrestling you got to see with any regularity as an American was WWE and Impact, and the glory days of impact were when he was a small child.