#DatRemorse Shkreli cries at his sentencing

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli cries in court, is sentenced to 7 years for securities fraud

Martin Shrkeli, the smirking "Pharma Bro" vilified for jacking up the price of a lifesaving drug, was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison for defrauding investors in two failed hedge funds.

The self-promoting pharmaceutical executive notorious for trolling critics online was convicted in a securities fraud case last year unconnected to the price increase dispute.

Shkreli, his cocky persona nowhere to be found, cried as he told U.S. District Judge Kiyo Matsumoto he made many mistakes and apologized to investors.

tumblr_m5vs92Edhf1qiuuwuo1_500.gif

One by one they come undone :mjgrin:

Ebonomics

Banned
Daps
I think I'm one of the few that feels bad for this guy. He's obviously a scapegoat and made to look as if the government is sticking it to the pharmaceutical industry. Guy got 7 years in prison for f****** over a rich investors same reason Bernie Madoff got a heavy prison sentence. If these were common poor folks the guy probably wouldn't see a day in jail.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I predicted 60 months, this is much better. You can't prosecute someone for something that isn't illegal, just immoral, like raising drug prices.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I think I'm one of the few that feels bad for this guy. He's obviously a scapegoat and made to look as if the government is sticking it to the pharmaceutical industry. Guy got 7 years in prison for f****** over a rich investors same reason Bernie Madoff got a heavy prison sentence. If these were common poor folks the guy probably wouldn't see a day in jail.
So why do you feel bad for him again? :dwillhuh:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca

Yes you are one of the very very few. fukk this scummy b*stard. Hope he gets real sick in there and can't afford the cure.

Ebonomics

Banned
Daps
So why do you feel bad for him again? :dwillhuh:

The guy is an idiot, but regardless of the drug price shyt, this guys spending almost a decade in jail for a victimless crime.

From what I read, all the investors got their money back. the boy did the equivalent of floating a check.

Edit: removed points that confused posters.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I never understand this argument.....Shkrelli getting 7 years has NOTHING to do with Weinstein or corrupt cops. Getting a lighter sentence for Shkrelli doesn't mean an indictment for Weinstein, (who is mostly accused of crimes that wouldn't be prosecuted federally) and corrupt cops....There is a federal trial in Baltimore right now with corrupt cops.

There is no correlation there, the three things have nothing to do with one another.

Last edited:

Ebonomics

Banned
Daps
I never understand this argument.....Shkrelli getting 7 years has NOTHING to do with Weinstein or corrupt cops. Getting a lighter sentence for Shkrelli doesn't mean an indictment for Weinstein, (who is mostly accused of crimes that wouldn't be prosecuted federally) and corrupt cops....There is a federal trial in Baltimore right now with corrupt cops.

There is no correlation there, the three things have nothing to do with one another.

The reason people care about this whole case is because of his social media antics. People don' even know what he was sentenced for. I look at yahoo comments and some think he' going to jail for raising drug prices.

I think 7 years is harsh for a guy who didnt harm anyone and gave investors back there money. He wasn' running some pond scheme.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Sure, I understand that...but the facts are he violated the law and is being sentenced according to the guidelines. The penalties are calculated by losses to investors, and yes, he eventually made them whole, but in the interim, caused significant losses, those losses above 7 million, called for a sentencing enhancement. Everyday white collar criminals are sentenced to similar amounts of time. It isn't a conspiracy or a witch hunt. It happened that he caused a minor social media frenzy in his time, but the case was being investigated long before, due to investors going to the SEC.

The general public is always going to ignorant on most things like this, that take time and effort to understand.