David Robinson is also better than Tim Duncan

Who is the better pure basketball player?

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know we talked about Hakeem being better than Tim Duncan after Robert Horry said it. Well add David Robinson to that list as well.

This dude is underrated historically because he played in the GOAT era for centers in the 1990s and the fact Hakeem demolished him in the playoffs. But in terms of skill and talent David Robinson is a top 5 center all-time. And he's another player who is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Tim Duncan.

King Poetic

Can You Spot Me A 20?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
On The Pacific
5qOe0nB.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tell me one thing Duncan does better than Robinson?

Robinson was taller, more athletic, the better scorer, the better shooter, the better passer, and the better defender.

There is literally nothing Duncan does better than Robinson on the basketball court.

Tim Duncan just lucked into the fact he played in a weaker era for centers and he had Popvich with him creating great teams around him.

David Robinson is significantly better than Tim Duncan as a pure basketball player.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No just no. Stop looking and highlights and numbers. In 03 Duncan's playoff run was better than anything Robinson put together.

Tell me one thing on the basketball court Duncan does better than Robinson?

Who is the better scorer?
Who is the better defender?
Who is the better passer?
Who is more athletic?
Who is more skilled?
Who is the better shooter?

Literally everything favors Robinson. The only reason Duncan is more highly thought of is because he was fortunate to be coached by Greg Popovich for his entire career. And Pop has been able to make the Spurs championship contenders every year for the last 18 years.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robinson got washed by his contemporaries. Like dismantled.

That sorta thing didn't happen to timmeh

Duncan played in a weaker era of centers. All he had to deal with was Shaq (who bodied him when they matched up).

Duncan also benefited from being hidden under that PF designation when he's really a center.

He also benefited from Pop. Just like Kawhi Leonard is right now benefiting from Pop.