Davis on Lomachenko: Looking to fight someone that draws better

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
If that was Tank that dropped Loma and not Linares, it would have been over. Loma has amazing instinct and IQ but he gets tagged a lot. I’m sure he would fight much differently against Davis but it’s not crazy to say that’s a 50/50 fight. Davis gets praised for offense and punch power , and though he hasn’t put as much rounds as you’d like to, Ive liked what I see from his defense. I can’t see Loma just schooling him like most these reddit, boxing scene, twitter cacs say but Loma definitely can win a decision over him. It’s an interesting fight and one of the top 5 boxing needs to see at least by 2020.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Sure as hell he can't tell the same now but probably it was BS even back then.
In US market Lomachenko and Mikey Garcia are the biggest draws 135 and below no competition. Lomachenko would be by far the biggest fight Davis can have in 130 and 135, even bigger than his grudge match with Farmer.
For a start I would be cool w him fighting people who are actually in his division and are rated though instead of dragging up 126ers.
I don't fukking care if those guys are not with PBC, work with others then or move up and fight Easter but I have no interest watching Tank fighting Cuellar, Mares and other 126ers.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If that was Tank that dropped Loma and not Linares, it would have been over. Loma has amazing instinct and IQ but he gets tagged a lot. I’m sure he would fight much differently against Davis but it’s not crazy to say that’s a 50/50 fight. Davis gets praised for offense and punch power , and though he hasn’t put as much rounds as you’d like to, Ive liked what I see from his defense. I can’t see Loma just schooling him like most these reddit, boxing scene, twitter cacs say but Loma definitely can win a decision over him. It’s an interesting fight and one of the top 5 boxing needs to see at least by 2020.
Loma can be tagged (not easily though) and I don't say Davis has no chance in there but I think the Linares/Pedraza style and the Salido style are worse for Loma than Davis' style. Davis won't keep him out or range like Linares and Pedraza did and he woN't be on his ass roughing him up all night like Salido did.

Davis trusts in his athletic ability much and instead of classic, conventional boxing skills he builds his style on his speed and power advantage over most of everyone else. He fights similar to Pascal or Haye imo. I think if he can't KO Loma somehow Loma would win just off work rate, possibly stopping him late but rather see a decision. So Davis has a chance but I'd pick Loma, instead of a 50-50 I'd say 65-35 Loma or so... but very interesting fight nevertheless.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lomachencko stays in your face all fight and as a result there's a chance Tank knocks him out.