DEADPOOL Director And Writers Reveal Why They Cut 3 Villains From Script

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
It was thought Fox's decision to slash Deadpool's budget is why these three baddies were cut, but we now have details on the creative reasons behind that and news on whether we'll see them down the line...

Deadpool was originally supposed to feature appearances from

Garrison Kane

749413-kane_00.jpg

Sluggo
2051612-406px-Sluggo.jpg

Wire
Wyre.jpg

But those three were dropped from the script when Fox actually started actively developing the movie.

Promoting the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release of the movie, director Tim Miller and writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick spoke to IGN about the decision to remove those three and whether there's a chance we could see them turn up in the sequel.

"They were Ajax’s sidekicks – they’re all good characters," Miller explains. "[Deadpool creator] Rob Liefield is still crying because Garrison Kane’s not in the movie, and Wire had one of the single best jokes in the script ever; his death was pretty epic. But I felt like, honestly – and this is not pandering – I wanted some more women in the movie. And so I wanted to replace them with a female superhero, or supervillain in Gina [Carano]'s case."

Wernick however was a little more upfront about the decision to remove the trio from Deadpool, citing bugetary reasons for why they were ultimately replaced by a completely different character.

"They were Ajax’s muscle and we ultimately for budget reasons consolidated those three characters into the Angel Dust character. And I think a lot had to do with there’s some CG elements to those characters." Reese meanwhile added: "Garrison Kane has a bionic arm for instance, and that was going to be expensive. Wire shoots wires out of his extremities. We had a really cool scene where he was fighting Deadpool and Deadpool was cutting through the wires with his swords, but all expensive and all CG, and when it came time to make the movie we just had to make some hard, hard decisions."

That sounds like it would have been a pretty awesome sequence, and with Fox no doubt more than happy to up what Miller and company can spend next time around after that $750+ million haul!

Comic Book Movies: ComicBookMovie.com - Star Wars VII, Batman vs. Superman, Suicide Squad, Deadpool