Define "casuals"

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
if they on the internet or IWC, they def not a casual. Cuz TSC is at the very bottom of just how crazy these online fans can be. You can be a casual for a promotion like I only watch the big events for NJPW or ROH instead of weekly shows or anything like that but I watch the other promotions consistently. So I don't think a casual is one that sticks to only one promotion. Or doesn't know anything. Especially if you have an online presence. I have never seen a single event of MLW yet I have heard of it and seen videos posted online. Isn't that where The Usos people are at? Jacob Fatu and the other cousin? Zilla Fatu, now that I look it up. I don't watch their program yet just knowing about the industry I know who they are. Thats not a casual. Fans come in all different types online. I see people supporting and bashing both AEW and WWE online so you bound to come across a mix of both companies and see different things. Now in comparison with UFC which I consider myself a casual cuz I only watch the big PPVs and not no weekly program or random Fight Nights or whatever they are called. If its not like UFC 299, 300, etc, with a popular top fighter, I'm usually not checking it out. Compared with someone who knows all the fighters and their stats or something. Same with boxing. A casual fan may tune in to Mania cuz they had the memory of it when they were kids or just randomly. Even some fans change their status at times. I was watching way back in the attitude era as a kid and prolly into somewhere around the wcw acquisition when I was in high school. Then I stopped watching normally except I would often go to a bar with a buddy around my college times cuz we became friends in hs talking about wrestling and he followed it. Back when I think it was Vince vs Trump in that hair match and whatever else was going on. With guys like Lashley and Umaga of course and Cena, Orton, etc. But it was just a few random PPVs. Then I didn't get back into it consistently until Raw after summerslam when Nash attacked Punk and ADR cashed in or something like that cuz another friend said the rock had come back recently. So a casual can turn back into a regular fan and a regular fan can turn into a casual. It all depends on the amount of viewing one is willing to do.

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
A casual is a lowkey fan of the industry, whether it’s one company or more, that watches from time-to-time. I consider myself a E casual since I don’t watch the weekly main brand shows.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Over the course of the past decade and some change, there have been arguments of what a casual wrestling fan is, but it's either bias to particular promotions (AEW/WWE arguments), or missing the mark.
  • Doesn't watch on a regular basis
  • Probably never been to a show
  • Probably doesn't buy merchandise
  • Doesn't understand the more details like wrestling terms and normal realities of booking (heel, babyface, work, shoot, etc.)
  • Generally more familiar with main eventers

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I’ll make it simple

I watch TNA.. sometimes. There’s stretches where I watch TNA weekly, including its PPV’s. There’s also times when I’ll go months on months without even so much as looking at the results, let alone watching a show..

This means TNA should intend on turning me, a guy who may be willing to watch, into a guy who is definitely going to watch. Every week. Religiously.

I’m the “casual” a company like TNA should intend on trying to grab, because I’m not giving them more than a few weeks of my attention but I could potentially be a weekly viewer if they reel me in. Retaining my attention is the key…

Now take that and apply it to every other company

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
my uncle watches i assume MNR and possibly AEW(idk) but he's still out here buying wrestling dvds :dead:

doubt he'd ever use the internet to look up internet sites for wrestling news

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I’ll make it simple

I watch TNA.. sometimes. There’s stretches where I watch TNA weekly, including its PPV’s. There’s also times when I’ll go months on months without even so much as looking at the results, let alone watching a show..

This means TNA should intend on turning me, a guy who may be willing to watch, into a guy who is definitely going to watch. Every week. Religiously.

I’m the “casual” a company like TNA should intend on trying to grab, because I’m not giving them more than a few weeks of my attention but I could potentially be a weekly viewer if they reel me in. Retaining my attention is the key…

Now take that and apply it to every other company
Exactly. Take women's CBB for example. I'll check out a game here and there just depending on the circumstances. But after the shyt with LSU/SCAR I'd 100% be sure to tune in if they played again in the tournament.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
A mark is a mark brother
wW9uAKtmSN.webp

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
My cousins. I think sometimes they do see something online across their feed but they don't seek out wrestling news. They also don't watch wrestling every week or anything close to it. They might even miss some of the PLEs.

They will watch Royal Rumble or WrestleMania for sure. Maybe SummerSlam. Other PLE's maybe not. They have an awareness about AEW but don't really watch it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm a casual MMA fan. I've been to UFC and Bellator shows. But I don't know who even some of the top stars are. I can only probably name a handful of fighters at this point. I hardly ever watch a PPV. I never watch the free TV shyt.