Define the pro-black and it's purpose

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
As of late I ha e had questions about the chastising of posters like @SuperPawgHunter
Whose lifestyle I don't participate in or necessarily agree with. But tried a thought experiment where I asked why other men cared who he slept with.

Mod @Houston911 mentioned the wiping out or removal of black genes. So this can make sense in a war , cold or otherwise, where we can't afford to dilute our group and lose what ground we do have. Fine makes sense.

In another thread @IbucciMane! Our resident news hound and brotha @Rhakim had this exchange.

Not taking a position on either of ya'alls sides, but I got a child psychiatrist friend who works for the state in the adoption services system, and he says like 1/3 of the families in the adoption system are LGBT. And you know a ton of kids in the system are Black kids. So if you ain't raising them, there's a good chance that some LGBT couple really is raising the next generation of blacks.
Being Pro Black is about defending and standing for your people. Black gays and trans have always been around. There's the Black LGBT. It's 2018, the ignorance really has to stop.
But then @The All Night Lights says this.

What does your books on " African Christianity" have to say on homosexuality? Can you site some excerpts, scriptures, pages?

How Can you be pro black and support LGBT, when being gay in no way supports the growth of the black family?

Do you think a healthy black family would allow their children to watch this wrestler, if he was seeing a black man?

Again, no one needs to follow anything you say, you are confused.

If you were ever invited to a " pro black meeting" to discuss things going on in the community, you would be sonned right out of it
And @satam55 adds

:duck: I've asked this question multiple times before, if the whole point of being pro-black is creating the next generation of Blacks (like nikkas on this forum claim), how can you be pro-black & LGBT?

You nikkas be juelzing da fucc out what being pro-black means. Being a pro-black who is pro-lgbt, but anti-IRR is a laughable hypocrisy.

So which is it ? Is it both only one or neither?
Which is the true pro-black stance? I'm trying to see if the coli can come to a consensus.

Daps
Yesterday I saw a “brotha” wearing a t-shirt that said “I love my blackness do you love yours?” But here’s the kicker, he was holding hands with a white female who looked like a pale beached whale.

Dude was afraid to look up when he saw me coming. I had the :mjgrin: face as soon as I read the shirt. :mjlol:

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yesterday I saw a “brotha” with a shirt that said “I love my blackness do you love yours?” But here’s the kicker, he was holding hands with a white female that looked like a land whale.

Dude was afraid to look up when he saw me coming. I had the :mjgrin: face as soon as I read the shirt. :mjlol:
What's the cconsensus then?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Pro blackness isn't a "thing" and it doesn't have "its purpose"

Pro blackness is a state of being that every Black person should have, if you don't then you deserve to be Black

Phrasing it like it was in the OP assumes you can jump in and out of Pro blackness whenever you feel like. Something fake black militants are used to

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Not being ashamed if your features and trying to educate and empower other black people. However its pointless in real life. Try explaining group economics, the dangers of rap music, understanding other non blacks cant be trusted in large numbers, media representation, etc to a black person in real life and they'll look at you like you have 5 heads.

Daps
This is what i don't understand about narcissistic people. None of you are significant enough to "define" what pro black is. However you can look at significant figures in pro black history and derive ideas of pro blackness from them. Malcolm x is the biggest and most profound figure in pro black history in my opinion. He did not truely believe in integration of races or in such liberal ideas of the "lgbt" and many of their other ideas. Therefore to say that you can be lgbt and pro black is to say that you have a better philosophy of pro blackness than Malcolm x, which to me is laughable. Imagine a neo nazi saying that hitler got nazism wrong and that the aryan race is not superior. A lot of black people are not truely pro black, most are pro integration, two completely different things. This explains how Mlk's liberal ideas of people being defined by the content of their "character" was not in alignment with Malcolm x's ideas. Personally i think if you are "problack" you should stand by traditional pro black ideas of family and sexuality tbh:yeshrug:

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
"Pro-Black" has a very nebulous definition and no real clear end goal. At the end of the day, it's something people use for reps, daps, and posturing. Lets focus on building real communities and self esteem first.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
it means something different to everyone...there is no consensus

its like asking what it means to be black....you'll get a different answer from every one you ask

and personally i think you asked a loaded question to get the c00n train going on anyone that doesnt agree with you

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
This is the general thinking I've found on TLR. The separator is, regardless of anything else, a black family unit. Pro-blackness doesn't have anything to do with relative economic betterment actions, as much as marrying a black spouse, having black children, living in a majorly black community.

A black man can send poor black kids to college but he's not pro-black if he's married to a WW.

A black man that volunteers for an hour a week, that has a black wife is pro-black. By TLR standards.

Which person provides more substance?

And then you have nikkas who espouse the esteemed virtues of pro-blackness in one thread and in the next thread, they're lusting after the byproduct of black and non-black persons.

Of course there is the argument that who you date/marry is a political decision. Which is utterly trivial.

Personally, I'm not going to regret taking shots at of more 8/10-10/10's just cause internet nikkas think it's undesirable conduct or I get odd looks.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Pro blackness isn't a "thing" and it doesn't have "its purpose"

Pro blackness is a state of being that every Black person should have, if you don't then you deserve to be Black

Phrasing it like it was in the OP assumes you can jump in and out of Pro blackness whenever you feel like. Something fake black militants are used to
Have you seen this site?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In its simplest form, pro-blackness to me means marrying a black woman and protecting your wife and kids from white supremacy as much as possible.

So with all his contributions to Black studies, would u say that Dr Diop is not pro Black because he married white?

:jbhmm:

I say, Its kinda hard to say he isn't Pro Black just cuz he married white.

Daps
The leaders of pro blackness was garvey huey newton and malcolm x. To me pro black.

1. Having a black wife and family. U got to make sure u keeping black people going.

2. Loving ur blackness without having to be cosigned by white people.

3. Working at the grass roots level like tariq or lavar ball. At the mainstream level pro blackness will be watered down. U got create ur own platform to push the idea of pro blackness with no worry of backlash.

4. Working with and within the black community. Pushing self love and teaching blacks about true black history.

5. Never cape or take a non black side on a issue unless they are willimg to sacrifice for black people.