Del Rio Released From WWE

JackM

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure if it's been posted yet but whatever.

Actually never saw this before. Dude gave him a two-piece combo. Also called his fellow cacs rednecks. I fukks with this entire incident of fukkery....:russ:

I STILL cringe and feel them slaps ol' boy gave Stossell when I watch this video.

Feel like I'M getting slapped watching this video.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
f5TLr9Q.gif

Dude gave no fxcks . Him and El Local reunion?
wmshJ99.png

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As noted, WWE released Alberto Del Rio after he slapped WWE's Manager of Social Media Live Events Cody Barbierri at last week's TV tapings. Del Rio confronted Barbierri in catering for a remark that Barbierri made earlier. The story is that someone made a remark to Barbierri about not cleaning off his plate and as a joke, he said that was Del Rio's job. Del Rio was not there at the time but was told about it. When he confronted Barbierri, he told him he did not appreciate the racist remark and wanted an apology.

It was going around backstage that Del Rio "slapped the shyt" out of Barbierri, knocking him to the floor, and Del Rio's release wasn't so much that he assaulted Barbierri but based more on how hard he hit him.

Del Rio was reportedly told after the incident that he was being suspended for a short time, until just past SummerSlam. There's a belief that Barbierri threatened to sue WWE and at that point, WWE felt they had no choice but to let Del Rio go due to legal reasons. Triple H called Del Rio on August 7th, letting him go and he was reportedly furious.
:russ:

Del Rio is about 6'5 around 240 and is a legit bad ass with his background. The other a midget:yeshrug:

of course he was going to feel that slap. Del Rio probably went easy on him :lolbron:

Still havent read anything about the white dude getting canned :mjpls:

I still have my auto renew off :ufdup:

Daps

Del Rio is about 6'5 around 240 and is a legit bad ass with his background. The other a midget:yeshrug:

of course he was going to feel that slap. Del Rio probably went easy on him :lolbron:

They really have to either fire him or seriously punish him some other way and make it known to the public ASAP Rocky. That's the only way they're squeezing outta this one.

They can always argue that Del Rio didn't have to respond to the remark in such an extreme way. They can barely get away with that, since it's a fair point regardless of whether anyone thinks dude deserved the slap. But they have no ground to stand on if they don't do shyt to the other dude.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

UPDATE x 2: Here are some additional details on Alberto Del Rio's WWE release. A source reports that Del Rio was, as has been heavily reported, fired after slapping a WWE social media employee. That employee is Cody Barbierri, the WWE's Manager of Social Media Live Events, and the incident occurred last week on the night of the Smackdown tapings (August 5th). The source notes that Barbierri did in fact make a racist joke about Del Rio's job being to clean plates. One performer for the company notes that the firing wasn't as much about the slap but how hard it was, enough to knock Barbierri to the ground and causing a major scene.

Del Rio was told after the incident that he would be suspended until just past SummerSlam, but the belief is that Barbierri threatened to sue the company and that forced the company's hands for legal reasons. Triple H called Del Rio on August 7th to let him know and Del Rio was reportedly furious.

According to sources, Barbierri isn't well-liked backstage because he frequently talks down to the talent, but he is a high-ranking person in the company and has the support of the McMahon family.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

TNA executives reportedly tried to contact Alberto Del Rio immediately after reports surfaced that he was released from WWE. The word within the company is that if he does sign with TNA, he will immediately become their new World Champion.

Del Rio likely has a 90-day no compete clause (wrestling-wise) in his WWE contract, ruling out the possibility of a move to TNA in the near future.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

tumblr_lx3iivI7Vv1r2mc4o.gif
at "slapped the shyt out of"

And the story of firing Del Rio because of a possible lawsuit doesn't sound right because the WWE easily could have just paid him to keep quiet.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Alberto Del Rio has been getting a ton of publicity for his appearance at Sunday's TripleMania show in Mexico City. The circumstances of his firing have been reported in Mexico, and this has put him in a strong babyface position in the country. While promoting his appearance, he has been using the Alberto Del Rio name.

Sources in Mexico have stated that Del Rio's non-compete clause with WWE does not apply to Mexico, which is why he can appear. Things are said to be angry and bitter between the sides. WWE does not want Del Rio appearing either for TNA or for the AAA shows on the El Rey Network in the US. They are looking to lock him up in a longer term non-compete deal, similar to what they did with Jim Ross. Ross was dismissed from WWE right after Summerslam 2013, but was not free to work for a rival wrestling promotion until just recently. If WWE opts to do this, they will also have to continue to pay Del Rio.

More on the story as it develops.
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...to-Del-Rio-To-a-Longer-Non-Compete-Clause.htm

In the end...Del Rio wins regardless. Continuing to get paid on the company dime while not actually having to work for them anymore. :salute:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here is Alberto Del Rio in a promo promoting his appearance at AAA TripleMania. A translation of his statement is below:

"Hello aficionados of Mexico and AAA, the boss is back. What better place to call my home than AAA. Thanks for all the supporters and you guys know there is quality wherever the boss is, and there is quality in AAA. There is no better place to go. See you soon and God bless you."