Deleting snap chat and monthly use of Instagram feels liberating

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
i always knew social media was bad and that it can make people do some crazy stuff but I simply thought "well that's not me so whatever, I'll continue on" but then I realized this shyt be having me fukked up.

The extreme amount of flexing people do, girls that feel the need to do those weird selfie videos all the time, showing what you're doing on stories 24/7, all the irrelevant posts and the viral sensations the complaining the trolling the arguing, shyt is complete madness and start seeping into my psyche. I realized I was feeling a massive amount of insecurity constantly observing people who had what and who I wanted, did things I may want to do, or just anything at all, constantly throwing their life in my face. I knew what went on in their life so much that I started losing that sense of my own individualism and now understood I'd been depressing myself

I deleted my snapchat, I'm not getting on it again because it provides no real intristic value. I'll only use my Instagram twice a month simply to post my music and artwork and to check on my contemporaries. It's day one and I already feel free. I feel so content not having to watch what other people do so much, it gives me that pure feeling of natural individualism I had as a kid before social media, it's a great feeling. I'd advise other people to really understand why they use social media cause I'm sure there's millions of people using it solely as outward validation, I'm off that, it feels nice to be connected to the real world.

Plus this site got all the news and online fukkery I was seeing on that shyt anyway, stay stable people,

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hardly use Instagram. I often go days/week without touching it. I don't even use Snapchat. I think I used it like twice. I just don't care about it. I felt the same about seeing people flexing and things you want in your face everyday. People cherry pick what they want you to see so some folks look like they're living it up while your mediocrity starts to make you feel lesser.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I hardly use Instagram. I often go days/week without touching it. I don't even use Snapchat. I think I used it like twice. I just don't care about it. I felt the same about seeing people flexing and things you want in your face everyday. People cherry pick what they want you to see so some folks look like they're living it up while your mediocrity starts to make you feel lesser.
Yeah pretty much, its really primal when you think about cause all people do on it is show off or put their egos and pride on the line to assert their dominance in some way, it's really weird, makes you wonder if there's ever gonna be an implosion of it

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Never really got into either tbh. My phone's old :ld:

Good for you though :obama:
I'm considering getting a simpler phone for ocassional texts and getting an iPad and Mac for my arts and to iMessage, I've realized I've been using a lot of wasteful data, thanks tho, I need to get my younger siblings straight too because it's only gonna get worse in the future

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I agree with OP

Them selfie video shyts are fukking annoying.. bytch we see you EVERYDAY, WE DONT NEED TO SEE YOU TODAY WEARING THE SAME shyt YOU WORE ON SATURDAY!

I deleted my snap and IG about a week ago.. Got so many texts asking why. I'm also about 3 years removed from Facebook too. Social media is cancer.

I feel much better now and don't miss it at all besides seeing some titty. But believe it or not, if you're head isn't buried in a phone, you'll see sets of tittys in real life!