DEMETRIA LUCAS : To the Men Who Are Hating on Ciara for Getting Engaged: Get Over It

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
She's full of shaat but its an Interesting read.
____________________________________________________________________________________

She Matters: Stop being mad because the single mom found an upgrade to a bad

ex.http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2016/03/to_the_men_who_are_hating_on_ciara_for_getting_engaged_get_over_it.html?wpisrc=topstories

Ciara’s been in the entertainment scene for over a decade, since she was introduced as the oddly titled Goodies,” in 2004. She’s had a few high-profile relationships. In 12 years, I can name three, maybe four men she’s dated. One includes as of Friday) is Russell Wilson, an NFL quarterback who took her to the White House on an early date, occasionally pushes her son’s stroller and seems genuinely happy, based on pictures, to have Ciara and her son in his life. By all accounts, he’s an upgrade, which isn’t all that hard when your ex is the type of guy who publicly calls you “a bytch.”

All in all, to me, Ciara seems like a nice woman without any real controversy (other than her ex, who likes to put their business in the streets). And she’s hardly worthy of the ire she’s drawn in some circles from those who think that she—as well as single mothers like her—is undeserving of Wilson.

From what I can make of the negative memes and the butthurt-status updates about her, there are people—mostly men—who believe that because Ciara has previously been linked to rappers, and her child is by one, she’s of a lower status among women.

For these men, who evidently never got “the girl,” Ciara is the embodiment of the type of woman who ignores “good men” (like them, of course), the one who makes poor life choices, then looks for the type of man she ignored to come clean up her mess. She’s the “disrespectful ho”—a slur assigned based, I think, on the fact that she’s dated several rappers, is a single mom and dating a man who seems to treat her child like his own (as any man who dates a single mother is supposed to)—that a naive Wilson is mistakenly trying to turn into a housewife. Never mind that Wilson, 27, who got divorced after a two-year marriage, can’t be that naive about relationships.

All to which I say, “Huh?”

There seems to be a popular—though completely b.s.—notion that dictates that single mothers should be single for eternity; that because they had a child out of wedlock, they are unworthy of love from anyone of substance and should be doomed to a life of dating flaky men who will never marry them or even claim them. Their children should never be accepted by any man, perhaps even including the children’s own father. And their single motherhood is solely their fault for having premarital sex and not requiring a man to marry them first. There’s never a word asking why the man they conceived the child with didn’t use a condom or why he didn’t ask for marriage or force the issue before conception or immediately after learning of such. Everything about how women become single mothers rests solely on the mother.

With a genuine interest, I’m trying to figure out what Ciara did wrong to attract so much hatred. She dated some rappers in her 20s. OK. As a culture, we seem to have no problem with men who date video vixens and Instagram models with no other discernible income throughout their first decade of adulthood. I mean, where are the memes about men who obsess over strippers and how it will make them unsuitable husbands to a decent woman (whatever that means)? They don’t exist. So why is a woman who is dating cute (and rich) men—who are also entertainers, just as she is—such an issue? Oh, because she’s a woman and women are “supposed to ... ” To what? Always make perfect decisions? Only date to find a husband? Only date guys no one knows? Help me out here.

She became a mom with a man she planned to marry. It didn’t work out. She moves on, even made a song about it. And as she sang she would, she found a man who seems to adore her and treats her kid well. Isn’t that what a responsible, dating mother is supposed to do? Or was she not supposed to date at all because “good” mothers don’t date? Was she supposed to have a man in her life who didn’t treat her and her child well? Oh. I got it. She was supposed to stay tethered to a dysfunctional man to keep her family intact.

In what world?

Let’s keep it 300, like the Romans. There are a lot of men, bottom-feeder types, who don’t know how to step up in relationships, and they spend their days spewing nonsense about women to keep themselves relevant and to keep women scared of being alone and afraid that a bad situation is the best they can do. Wilson isn’t the first—and won’t be the last—man to date and propose to a single mom, but his relationship with Ciara is a public reminder of how men step up when they are interested, and how all the terrible things said about single moms and the negative way that men allegedly perceive them just isn’t true. By living and likely never thinking about this, she’s become an example to women who might be thinking that single motherhood makes a woman less than; she’s letting them know that, nope, you still got options, boo. And good ones, too.

Ciara’s relationship success has placed fear in the hearts of shady men. They are mightily threatened, and not by Ciara, per se, but by the idea that the women they’ve been half-stepping toward could one day get a clue, too. All these memes and ranting status updates? Weak men desperately fighting to maintain the idea that they should be valued for adding nothing. I see you, and I see right through you. Hopefully, the women you encounter do, too.

:usure:

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Sorry but no single woman should bring their children around men until they are around 11 or 12. Just how i feel. You can agree or not i don't give a fukk so don't even quote me thinking you're gonna have some silly ass back and forth. Any single mother bringing men not related around her infant child ain't shyt.

Daps
She's a fat semi cute chick with a flat butt and a Beta husband. BTW who's mad at Ciara? I just think Russell is a clown but who didnt see that coming?

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
25838376246_797cb36bfe_h.jpg

Incogno

Pro
Daps
i'm tired of men complaining about this relationship myself...

quite a few black men want to place themselves on a high horse..and play a god...and judge...and judge....but don't want to do nothing...don't want to be leaders of the black community...don't want to look at women as individuals.....don't want to value marriage.....etc..

they just want to base their existence on objectifying women and on cheap thrills...but want to claim their such "good men"...and denounce a man who seems to be a beautiful person who truly believes in love...

these men just want to feel like their above someone...it seriously reeks of egotistical delusional behavior....and it's tiring....

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this really an issue:dwillhuh:Like seriously. Ive posted in the litany of plat Ciara threads, but are we really this pressed about this lady upgrading?

Shes a fit, attractive MILLIONAIRE single mother who is only 30. Of fukking course she bagged a decent dude.
The most cited reason I have seen for this "outrage" is:flabbynsick: Single mothers thinking they can curve everybody and catch a winner.

First, that shyt dont really happen much.
Second, so what? Dont date single mothers if its that bad. They had kids. They should be focusing on them anyway. If being lonely makes it easier, so be it.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
With all this attention on them...I hope they last and she have some babies (with baby hair of course) for Russell.

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
The anti-simp/hoe wars of the 21st century were fought for many years with no clear winner. In 2016 thanks to the momentum of Ciara, the hoes emerged victorious.
After order was restored it was the norm for a man to date and marry women with multiple children with multiple fathers. Single women were off limits till at least 1 unemployable man impregnated them.

Any mention of GMB would lead to prison.

The age of the cuckold was birthed

Last edited: