Democrat Flips Red District in Alabama on Reproduction Rights

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps

By a margin of 67% to 32%, Lands handily defeated Madison City Council member Teddy Powell, who conceded the race.

People can sleep on abortion rights being a major factor in November, but all indications are that it will be given the Dems' performance since RvW was overturned. And Trump has bragged about how he was responsible for it.

I've said before I think the polling isn't to be trusted given recent Democrat wins, and this is another example.

Here we have a Democrat not just winning in deep red Alabama (in a district won by Trump) but blowing away the opposition by 25 points.

Imagine what will happen in more purple states.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjgrin:

republicans are having a hard time running against biden because other than being old he’s not really controversial. he just a milquetoast white man that is basically a centrist on half his policies.

meanwhile they can’t run on their actual policies because none of them are popular.

just fukking unpopular weirdo loser ass opps.

biden might still lose the presidential election due to trump cult of personality and other mitigating factors, but i don’t see a red wave coming congressionally.

look how things have trended in the midterms. republicans really fukked up going full mask off on abortion/wanting to fukk with people’s medicare and social security.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Huntsville has definitely been a little more purple/Democrat-leaning because I know there are a lot of engineers and STEM companies who live and work in that area. I think they have a NASA Space Flight Center there.

Always been about 55/45 Republican/Democrat.
67/33 Democrat/Republican is an outright blowout.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Republicans want to bring slavery back and treat every black hire as some DEI compromise and they want women to be field mares breeding. Straight out of the 1780 playbook. And y’all bots and c00ns want us to vote for that? :russ:

Only nikkas supporting that bullshyt is idiots like meek mill and Kodak black. And bots on the Coli that magically stop posting after Election Day. And c00ns that got their minds warped and radicalized by going down the twitter rabbit hole.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Modern GOP are too much of a theocratic party, ironically what they accuse Muslims countries of, bereft of actual secular ideas to reverse course on an obviously losing strategy.