Dems lost KY State Legislature for 1st time in 96 years, GOP quickly moves to destroy unions

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Why am I happy too see these a$$holes tearing shyt apart.

I guess cause they wanted these lunatics in office so I am kind of hoping to see them realize and admit how bad they fukced up.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I always see the koch Brothers names in some shyt :jbhmm:

How much influence do they have over this country:patrice:

A lot at the local and state level

But they're smart and that's where their focus has gone

Plus the Koch network has been preparing for this since the 1980s... it accelerated after 2008.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Plus the Koch network has been preparing for this since the 1980s... it accelerated after 2008.

:hhh: Religion and general political leaning to right wing politics (outside of the racial dichotomy) will be the nail in the coffin for the black race in America.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

i honestly can't hate. they put a strategy in place and execute it. if folks want to buy into it because they sponsor a gospel concert then :francis: wouldn't be the first time religion has held black people back in this country.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Well the choice was vote for a candidate who literally said she'd put the industry that supports your entire state economy out of business OR vote for the candidate that didn't say that. Which lead to a wave of reps getting in on his coattails which lead to you losing the state house.

:yeshrug:

Hillary was guns blazing in the primary to try and one up Bernie. That coal comment was a huge mistake. She is the woat candidate.

True.

However Kentucky needs to learn, sooner rather than later, that coal is a fossil. It won't support them much longer.
Clinging to old industries won't stop the inevitable.

PoppyCorn710

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
True.

However Kentucky needs to learn, sooner rather than later, that coal is a fossil. It won't support them much longer.
Clinging to old industries won't stop the inevitable.

The inevitable being what exactly? We can mine coal forever. We can sell it to other countries. We have done so in the past. Renewing US energy sources via trade is possible and can grow the economy. The truth is natural gas may be cheaper but that is because of regulations put on coal.

Kentuckyans wanted more coal jobs (not just mining but the admin and support positions that come along with them) and that is what they voted for. If the wages are lower than the past and the protections not as good that is the trade off. You can't always get what you want. What have those unions done to fight Obama on coal? Nothing, they took dues and bent over.

No one would ever tell California that they need to give up industries that support their state economy like Hollywood and tech, or tell Texas to give up oil and cattle or tell New York to give up finance and media. Why should Kentucky just give up coal when it has been their life line since the 1800s? And replace it with what? Coding jobs? Coal and Bourbon is what they do.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
We are "hopefully" heading towards renewable energy in the next 50 years and coal doesn't fit the bill.

Will it exist? Sure.
Vinyl records still exist.

But ideally, in a couple of decades, coal will be a thing of the past.

Global warming :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't mind union busting, big business is a problem just like big labor.
im in favor of unions, but the hard truth is that they havent done themselves any favors by getting so fukkin complacent

when you say 'union', it conjures up a lot of bad shyt that they brought on themselves. and that goes for private and public

the teachers unions and police unions are :scusthov:

the construction unions are run by the fukking mafia :mjlol:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Democrats are losing everywhere and they still don't want to recognize there's a problem with their party and the white voters

The problem is that white voters view their interests as antithetical to those of minorities regardless of whether or not that's true. I don't really think there's anything the Democrats can do to win over white voters short of saying "fukk minorities".

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
The problem is that white voters view their interests as antithetical to those of minorities regardless of whether or not that's true. I don't really think there's anything the Democrats can do to win over white voters short of saying "fukk minorities".
yup whites are basically saying "fukk them, what about us?"