Deontay Wilder: Joshua said Im too easy....but he dont wanna sign that contract though:mjpls:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Wilder: Joshua Must Take Same Rematch Deal I Take for 1st Fight

By Keith Idec

Deontay Wilder’s itinerary after he “knocks out Ortiz” will include a trip to the United Kingdom to go face-to-face with Anthony Joshua.

Wilder, who’ll defend his WBC heavyweight title against Luis Ortiz on March 3 in Brooklyn, plans to attend Joshua’s title unification fight against Joseph Parker on March 31 in Cardiff, Wales. The knockout artist from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, expects Joshua to beat Parker and wants to start negotiating for their higher-profile fight right away, even though it seems more likely that Joshua-Wilder won’t happen until sometime in 2019.

Wilder reiterated during an open workout Thursday night in Lake Balboa, California, that he’ll travel to the United Kingdom to battle Great Britain’s biggest boxing star. He also revealed an interesting stipulation Wilder wants to be part of their deal.

wilder-joshua_10.jpg

“He say he don’t know nothing about me offering nothing:dwillhuh:,” Wilder yelled toward a group of videographers, referring to a meeting late last year between his representatives and Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter. “But y’all supposed to be making all this money. Where my offer at?:jbhmm: When I get my offer, whatever he offer me, this is the deal, right. Here’s the deal right here – whatever he offer me, he must take that same deal in the rematch.”:mjgrin:

The implication, of course, is that Wilder would beat Joshua, who then would become the “B” side in their rematch.

Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs), the IBF/IBO/WBA champion, and Wilder (39-0, 38 KOs) have different viewpoints on who’s worth what in what already is a much-anticipated heavyweight showdown. The 28-year-old Joshua clearly is a bigger star in the United Kingdom than Wilder is in the United States and earns more money for his fights than Wilder.

Nevertheless, a bout with Wilder is indisputably the fight fans and media want to see within the heavyweight division.

“Anthony Joshua’s talking about Dillian Whyte,:mjpls:” Wilder said. “He talkin’ about Jarrell Miller.:mjpls: He don’t even mention Deontay Wilder’s name:mjpls:. In fact, he say I’m too easy:heh:. He say he’ll ram his jab down my throat:wow:. He say he gonna knock me out with one punch:dead:. But they don’t wanna sign that contract, though.”:sas2:

Wilder would prefer that their fight takes places in the United States, yet is more than open to facing Joshua in England or Wales. Another capacity crowd of roughly 78,000 is expected at Principality Stadium in Cardiff when Joshua opposes Parker (24-0, 18 KOs), the WBO champ, next month.

“I’ll go anywhere,:ufdup:” Wilder said. “I’ll go to his home:demonic: I’ll go to his own yard.”:birdman:

The 32-year-old Wilder first must get past Cuban southpaw Luis Ortiz (28-0, 24 KOs, 2 NC) three weeks from Saturday night at Barclays Center. Showtime will televise the Wilder-Ortiz and Joshua-Parker fights.

Wilder: Joshua Must Take Same Rematch Deal I Take for 1st Fight

:bombzquad: #BombZquad

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I been rooting for Wilder since I first seen em fight over 5 yrs ago with that being said I don't see anyone eith enough skill or power to knock em out.. If boxers in this age weren't so scary bruh would be a house hold name

I don't get it, I llike Wilder man but he throws punches way too long...how wouldn't Joshuas technique catch him?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Don't Wilder have a fight coming up? How bout hype that up instead of being on Joshua dikk 24/7. Realistically Joshua has a path to 2-3 major checks just fighting Brits before he would "need" Wilder. I think it would be wise for Wilder to handle his upcoming biz and find a way to generate buzz to get his own PPV power in the states without Joshua over the next year or two

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
The same as always....Femi knocks him cold...there's no way someone who fights as sloppy as Wilder doesn't get taken apart by Femi in textbook fashion.

gonna wait and see how he does against someone as skilled as Ortiz before making my judgement