Detroit sees population growth for first time since 1957

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
On average Cali blacks are doing better than Detroit brehs lets be honest
:mjlol: If that were true, then why does Cali stay on Detroit's dikk? Cali blacks stay visiting Detroit, but Detroit doesn't give a fukk about Cali.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Downtown is nice. The outskirts still look like a hallowed out warzone though.

Literally 20 years away, but whatever construction does come it needs to look respectable, not like the mid aughts infill. I think it'll be done right. Detroits grid system is actually awesome and will fill out nicely once all those 30 dollar parking lots get filled in

JLova

Veteran
Daps
The development in downtown Detroit is definitely in overdrive. My people was telling me a developer just started building homes from the ground up and I guess that’s a first time people have seen this..

A lot of people don’t know how nice and safe Detroit is.. Some neighborhoods even have private police.. Kinda crazy but :yeshrug:

Looking for a spot to go to for a long weekend. Haven’t been to Detroit in years and the downtown was a ghost town. Pretty creepy. What improvements have been made over the last 15-20 years?

Gospel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
6 Mile
Saw this coming around 2019.

The population atmy rec center pool started changing gradually and then all of a sudden.

Northwest/District 2 demographics are going to look VERY different, sooner than some folks expect.

I was driving around Green Acres last year and every single resident out was white.

Wyoming and 8 mile area has more Mexican families than I was expecting.

But apartments and condos are being thrown up all around the city.

My own street has Utah and Colorado plates in the last year.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's crazy, as somebody who grew up in Detroit (but hasn't lived there for 15 years) it's almost like a different city than it was in the 90s/2000s.

When I go back, it barely seems like home at times.

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
The development in downtown Detroit is definitely in overdrive. My people was telling me a developer just started building homes from the ground up and I guess that’s a first time people have seen this..

A lot of people don’t know how nice and safe Detroit is.. Some neighborhoods even have private police.. Kinda crazy but :yeshrug:

There's a Brother on my job from Detroit who got mad at me because I mentioned to him how nice Downtown Detroit looked in Dwele's music video for "What's Not to Love".

He said nowhere in Detroit looks decent and was probably one of those film tricks where they film in a different city/state :russ:

He was visibly upset, looked just like this gif :birdman:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Saw this coming around 2019.

The population atmy rec center pool started changing gradually and then all of a sudden.

Northwest/District 2 demographics are going to look VERY different, sooner than some folks expect.

I was driving around Green Acres last year and every single resident out was white.

Wyoming and 8 mile area has more Mexican families than I was expecting.

But apartments and condos are being thrown up all around the city.

My own street has Utah and Colorado plates in the last year.

Gentrification effects everybody man.

this a nationwide thing.

its heartbreaking; but it is what it is.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Looking for a spot to go to for a long weekend. Haven’t been to Detroit in years and the downtown was a ghost town. Pretty creepy. What improvements have been made over the last 15-20 years?

Over the last 20 years downtown Detroit has turned into a tourist destination. I’m sure a YouTube video would blow ya mind if you was there 20 years ago.

There's a Brother on my job from Detroit who got mad at me because I mentioned to him how nice Downtown Detroit looked in Dwele's music video for "What's Not to Love".

He said nowhere in Detroit looks decent and was probably one of those film tricks where they film in a different city/state :russ:

He was visibly upset, looked just like this gif :birdman:

He fronting. My cousins the same way.

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
:mjlol: If that were true, then why does Cali stay on Detroit's dikk? Cali blacks stay visiting Detroit, but Detroit doesn't give a fukk about Cali.
This thread has nothing to do with Cali yet you’re the one who brought it up. You’re a weird ass nikka with an obsession