Development or Dystopia?

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This article was from 16 years ago. Making the rounds again because unsubstantiated rumors are the FDA want to put it in use for Corona.

A tiny computer chip approved Wednesday for implantation in a patient’s arm can speed vital information about a patient’s medical history to doctors and hospitals. But critics warn that it could open new ways to imperil the confidentiality of medical records.

FDA approves computer chip for humans

Yeah personally im worried about a lot more than that. What else can they do with the chip?

Last edited:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The chip is just the next step. We all have cellphones with our personal information on it. It's the same as the chip. It's just external.

I guess so.

“It’s part of the future of medicine to have these kinds of technologies that make life simpler for the patient,” Ellis said. Pushing for the strongest encryption algorithms to ensure hackers can’t nab medical data as information transfers from chip to reader to secure database, will help address privacy concerns, he said.

For goodness sake. This is most definitely going to get hacked. :mjlol:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I guess so.

“It’s part of the future of medicine to have these kinds of technologies that make life simpler for the patient,” Ellis said. Pushing for the strongest encryption algorithms to ensure hackers can’t nab medical data as information transfers from chip to reader to secure database, will help address privacy concerns, he said.

For goodness sake. This is most definitely going to get hacked. :mjlol:

Of course it is. I remember back in the day when ZDTV was on the air, I forget who hosted the show, but they said that none of this stuff will ever be truly secure.