Devil May Cry Series | Netflix (Coming Soon) (Teaser Trailer)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Devil May Cry Series Joins Castlevania in New Multiverse from Adi Shankar - IGN

IGN can confirm that an animated-series adaptation of Capcom's popular video game franchise, Devil May Cry, is in the works. The series will be developed by Castlevania executive producer Adi Shankar.

Shankar, in an exclusive interview with IGN's Jacki Jing, also revealed that his Devil May Cry series “will join Castlevania in what we’re now calling the bootleg multiverse.”

Autoplay setting: On

While Shankar didn't give us any specifics in terms of what this all means for the series' overall story, he did inform us that he "acquired these (Devil May Cry) rights myself so the jabronis in Hollywood don’t f*** this one up too." Shankar's financial investment should allow him more creative freedom, as he begins to build this wildly ambitious multiverse of his.

Shankar attributes the Devil May Cry series announcement to the success Castlevania, which he says, "really over-performed. It did crazy well. We immediately got greenlit for Season 3.” Thanking the fans who made this all possible, Shankar said, “I wouldn’t have a job if it wasn’t for the fans."

Following IGN's news break, Shankar shared his excitement about the new project on social media with this image:

Shankar's Castlevania series on Netflix has been widely praised. We say "it's one of the best video game adaptations ever," with Season 2 offering a "deep roster of heroes and villains" in our review.

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
DsJ4F_sXgAEqYF3.jpg

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
No.... it's a self contained series by the guy BEHIND castlevania there's no crossover fam...
:mjlol::snoop:If I could neg myself I would. How the fukk did I misread that yeah you are right. I just saw the title and thought they are fukking up a good thing as is the norm but nah it’s all good.:salute:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
:mjlol::snoop:If I could neg myself I would. How the fukk did I misread that yeah you are right. I just saw the title and thought they are fukking up a good thing as is the norm but nah it’s all good.:salute:
Nah I thought it meant the same thing

But multiverse had me confused

Adi Shankar sounds like an a$$hole but his shyt is pure goodness

Judge Dredd and now his animated stuff

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I actually wouldn't mind a great great Belmont descendant and Alucard teaming up with Dante.
Is why I'd be all in on this if it was an official crossover too:banderas:You already know Alucard and Dante would bump heads on some ego shyt. Dante got Ebony and Ivory locked and loaded like:birdman:Meanwhile Al like I'm the son of the greatest vampire ever don't get fukked up:birdman::ufdup::whew:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Is why I'd be all in on this if it was an official crossover too:banderas:You already know Alucard and Dante would bump heads on some ego shyt. Dante got Ebony and Ivory locked and loaded like:birdman:Meanwhile Al like I'm the son of the greatest vampire ever don't get fukked up:birdman::ufdup::whew:
shyt would be a fun watch

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Never really got into the game series, but the new one coming out next year I plan on buying.

Will definitely check this out :ehh: