Did Donald Glover plagiarize "This is America"?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This is crazy people are upset about this? If this is plagiarized then man what isn't.

Its crazy how people want to tear down successful artist.

Outside of the beat being similar and the topic of america.

No one cared about the Jay and B taking the migos ape$hit track and just adding they vocals but somehow people are upset and mad at that this?

Most of which said the song was trash and the video was the only thing good about it in the 1st place?

Juelz.gif

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County
Jase out there in jersey struggling and this nikka donald was like nobody knows this nikka, let me steal his track

donald a real life

220px-Talented_mr_ripley.jpg

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Yall forget that Childish Gambino copied Charles Hamilton when he first got on the scene.

His whole career has been made by biting off other people and then his people around him are somehow able to promote him as the genius.

I still bump his shyt but am just like... :mjpls:

Speaking of which, how are yall not banging Jase Harley's "Memoir of an American Heathen"? This whole situation brought me to his album. It bumps! Smooth sound and good lyrics. Summer chillin type music. Free streaming playlist on YouTube:

Spade281

Pro
Daps
here's the deleted tweet
Vp2elrl.png
I remember when Charles Hamilton stole a beat from Black Spade (the "Shinin" song), he used that exact same wording. "I have the pro tools file to prove it". Yet he never posted it. Fitting that it's Gambino's manager whose using this same language considering Gambino was copying Hamilton's style when he first got onto the scene.

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
I remember when Charles Hamilton stole a beat from Black Spade (the "Shinin" song), he used that exact same wording. "I have the pro tools file to prove it". Yet he never posted it. Fitting that it's Gambino's manager whose using this same language considering Gambino was copying Hamilton's style when he first got onto the scene.
can you post the CG Hamilton bites instead of just posting about it

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
if this turns out to be real i wont care

if this turns out to be fake i still wont care but will :umad:

nobody wanna give credit for anything anymore

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The song Hamilton stole had Spade singing background vocals:russ:

Told Spade to his face that he made the song, Spade went, that's my voice on the chorus:stopitslime:

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Maybe him taking the song, promoting it like it always belonged to him, and reaping the benefits while the actual creators must keep working for pennies while getting shouted down by the masses is an overlooked meaning behind "This Is America"

:ohhh:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
It's one thing being inspired by a song/artist but this is.......:usure:

I wonder what the original artists first thought was when he head Gambino's cover version :picard: