Did Naruto fall off for you? If it did, then why?

What caused Naruto to fall off?

• Naruto being revealed as ninja royalty ruined his "underdog" status and the theme of the series

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Too much Sasuke/the Uchihas taking over the storyline

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Naruto's whole character becoming all about saving Sasuke :cape:

Votes: 37 50.0%
  • Dope side characters becoming irrelvant post-timeskip (except for Shikamaru)

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Female characters being treated like an afterthought

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Too much filler

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • It lost the comedy of the first part

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Pein bringing everyone he killed back to life

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Irredeemable terrorists and killers like Orochimaru, etc being forgiven too easily

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • The powers, abilities, and ninja bloodlines got too overpowered and ridiculous

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • Tobi becoming the final villain

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Too many flashbacks

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Rock Lee should have been the main character (Lee vs Gaara :banderas: )

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Naruto never fell off, it was always dope

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
He beat Naruto....twice:skip:.

...and Deidara aka the dude who beat Gaara:skip:.

Sasuke actually did beat Bee though. Dude had to retreat.

Deidara was an asspull victory breh get real :comeon:. Killer Bee sliced him up and split his chest cavity and throat open :huhldup: - Karin and Jugo saved his ass

When he beat Naruto up, the end of part one? You counting the time he suppressed the nine tails chakra and bounced?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Deidara was an asspull victory breh get real :comeon:. Killer Bee sliced him up and split his chest cavity and throat open :huhldup: - Karin and Jugo saved his ass

When he beat Naruto up, the end of part one? You counting the time he suppressed the nine tails chakra and bounced?
He beat him twice. Once at the end of part one and again at the beginning of Shippuden when he gave him, Sakura, Yamato and Sai that werk dolo.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
He beat him twice. Once at the end of part one and again at the beginning of Shippuden when he gave him, Sakura, Yamato and Sai that werk dolo.

He didn’t beat Naruto the first time since Naruto purposefully held back and “scratched his headscarf.” If my memory is correct Sasuke said Naruto wouldn’t be able to scratch his head band. When Sasuke thought he won he looked at his head band and realized Naruto
Merely scratched it indicating he held back

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Naruto was the GOAT up until Shippuden. Even with shippuden it could have managed to stay up there until Pain's saga. But all of that crumbled at this moment. While Pain's concept was dope as hell - six dudes fighting you but they're really one person - as well as his philosophy, the fact that he could take a whole village by himself put Kishimoto in a conundrum that he couldn't evade. It was the open door to power ups that would make the whole series depart from its tactical original ninja fights. I mean, Konohamaru bodied one of Pain's bodies. Even as a youth I knew something wrong happened there. You mean to tell me that this dude that has been bodying Jônin level ninjas simultaneously for hours got got by a Genin with a simple Rasengan?

The subsequent revival of the whole village and the bizarre talk no jutsu Naruto had with Nagato put the nails in the coffin. At this moment, it went downhill at a steep slope.

What I would have liked more, but that's personal, is for the manga to go through more adventure cycles, similar to Zabuza's arc or even Tsunade's. Go the Dragon Ball route. The first Naruto movie route. The Kakashi Gaiden route. What's dope about all these is that they gave you a sense of the immensity of the world in which they evolved, the variety of characters it contained and diverse focused arcs that flowed together well while having their own identity.
With the concept of ninja village that receive a whole lot of missions leading to everywhere, you have an almost infinite potential to make your different characters explore and grow, and introduce new dope characters and concepts. With Sasuke gone, you have the opportunity to put Naruto in random squads (like in the fillers or videogame) and send him on a whole arc in one of the countries, meeting new ninjas with new abilities and going through shyt. You can even have a side character squad having their own parallel adventure a little like we had with Asuma/Shikamaru or Jiraya looking for and fighting Akatsuki. That allows you to develop the side characters, but also introduce new foreign ones with fresh concepts. You also have some leeway to work on the guiding principles of the series, because Akatsuki/Orochimaru & Sasuke still operate in different regions.

And I can't help but feel that's what was originally planned, because the way we see new characters pop in Shippuden seems way too stacked for it to have been planned like that. Like, you got all these new characters from new villages that seem like they got their own thought out personality and ability that are introduced in a very short times but don't have no time to shine or just two pages here and there to have a little moment. Like Kishi wanted to rush through to the end. Meeting these characters in other context, in a slower pace would have given more space to flourish and interact with the original cast. Would have also allowed to let a new great ninja war (a real one, not with an army of clones :snoop:) brew silently and coherently, with this time real stakes since we would have known a lot of the participants from way back.

You can't tell me these characters hadn't more to deliver than fighting an army of zombies and a rushed backstory:

4204751-3979657601-ce7bb.jpg
68684.jpg
68713.jpg

tumblr_mj5na1ZrXa1rv8v4go1_400.png

main-qimg-f987724a23d6547f813640b5e44167c5

Look how they basically swept that dude having the Byakugan under the rug... Could have been a perfect opportunity to give Neji some severely needed shine and character development.

I'm stopping there but I could write about what happened with Naruto for hours. That's how much important it was in my childhood :wow:

Only things that are missing from the poll imo are:

• the great ninja war being all villages against an army of bland clones instead of between each other
  • edo tensei used, abused and violating the story, characters and stakes; should have never existed after Orochimaru used it against the 3rd
  • Sasuke giving hands to all Kages and their entourage at the same time :beli:
  • rushed pacing forcing introduction of plenty characters while Kishimito didn't even know what to do with those he already had
  • Bijuus becoming kawai little things :snoop:
Still shoutout to Kishimito for what he did in Naruto and the beginning of shippuden.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Hated that the fights turned into a monster mash after a certain point. Hates that naruto didnt learn any cool jutsus, just variations of the rasengan and charla control. Wanted him to be like minato.

Thought it was terrible when they forced Sasuke onto the same level as Naruto. It was clear up to a certain point naruto was supposed to be something like the incarnation of the sage of the six paths. Then they added the sons so assume could have his part.

Finally Kaguya was tragic

Seriously, Naruto was was leaps and bounds stronger than Suzuki and the author pulled every trick in the book to have Sasuke on the same level as Naruto.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Naruto became one of the most boring shows after the chunin exams. Too slow, lame characters, lack of surprises, etc.