Did Vader know that Leia was his daughter?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If so why didn't he try to bring her over to the Dark Side as well?

If not, why not? He knew who Luke was basically as soon as they started fighting, so when he captured her he couldn't figure that out?

Does anyone know what happened there?

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

If not, why not? He knew who Luke was basically as soon as they started fighting, so when he captured her he couldn't figure that out?

The Luke and Leia pivot into family was a late decision in the story-writing process. Only thing I can rationalize. Otherwise, why willfully write incest-y undertones for Luke and Leia into the story?

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest

You must not have really watched the OG trilogy bruh
Vader first encounters Luke chasing his ship at the Death Star and senses he is really strong in the force. After it blows up he finds out the powerful in the force pilot that destroyed it has his last name Skywalker. And he also happens to pop up the same time his old master Obi-Wan Kenobi comes out of hiding for years. He figures it out

Leia on the other hand had no training in the force and does not go by the name Skywalker. (Now why they had Luke keep the name if they wanted to hide him is anyone's guess). Vader had no idea she was his daughter until reading Luke's thoughts moments before he died.

It is funny though that in all the time of a man being around a girl he wouldn't notice that she looks and acts just like his wife :pachaha:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You must not have really watched the OG trilogy bruh
Vader first encounters Luke chasing his ship at the Death Star and senses he is really strong in the force. After it blows up he finds out the powerful in the force pilot that destroyed it has his last name Skywalker. And he also happens to pop up the same time his old master Obi-Wan Kenobi comes out of hiding for years. He figures it out

Leia on the other hand had no training in the force and does not go by the name Skywalker. (Now why they had Luke keep the name if they wanted to hide him is anyone's guess). Vader had no idea she was his daughter until reading Luke's thoughts moments before he died.

It is funny though that in all the time of a man being around a girl he wouldn't notice that she looks and acts just like his wife :pachaha:
It's honestly been a decade since I watched the OG so I'm probably forgetting somethings. But now that you mention it I do remember these events transpiring, Vader wasn't a dummy I guess. Although some of his decisions say otherwise.