Disaster Prepairedness Thread-Beyond flashlights and batteries

On scale from 1 to 5, 5 being very prepared and 1 not at all how prepared are you for a disaster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
:ohhh:Having survived a few disasters in my lifetime(a few hurricanes[Andrew and Sandy], fires, blackouts, floods,Brooklyn ect) I thought the coli could be best served with a disaster preparedness thread.
:troll:
So basically anyone here with experience with any type of disaster or any preppers should use this thread to share ideas on how to be prepared and what to have or buy.

Beyond just flashlights and batteries what are the key things to have short term and long term and what kind of budget would that require.

Anyway I will start by contributing the first of a top 10 or 100 items folks gotta have on hand if shyt gets crazy...( y'all can fill in the rest)

1. Water or access to water and/or how to filter it.

* Now that one should be easiest to put down first but folks usually don't think about it at all. Rule of thumb; you can survive three weeks without food but won't last three days without water.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
-Bottled Water
-Cash
-Gas
-Canned/dried food
-Propane tanks, small propane cooker (especially if you have small kids who need warm meals)
-Batteries and power banks.. they even have solar powered ones now
-Guns and ammo

This should about cover you for most disasters until shyt gets back to normal.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
-Among family and friends, always keep a walkie talkie app installed on your phones. They use data, instead of towers, which will most likely be overloaded or damaged during crisis.

-Buy lighters in bulk. They are cheap, portable and will be worth their weight in gold in times of disaster. Alcohol is also a huge commodity if shyt falls apart.

-Plug and fill up your bathtub asap to ensure that you have clean water on hand. Water heaters are an often overlooked source in times of need as well.

-I keep two 50lb bags of beans and rice stashed away in a cool dry place for hard times.

-Everybody should own a shotgun at the very least.

Last edited: