Discussion: Ghostbusters (1984)

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
everything in this movie is perfect. kinda creepy in a couple parts but overall one of the goat 80s comedies. that librarian in the beginning had me :merchant: as a kid. also never saw the ghost BJ scene til I was in my late teens, my parents edited out of our vhs recording :beli:

rick moranis throwing that lame party :russ:
venkman giving zero fukks even when talking to a dimensional god :pachaha:
the music :banderas:
the ecto-1 :lupe:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Its sad when you think of the implications for the gatekeeper and the keymaster. I was glad when they sent Gozer back to her demonic dimension.

Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown:
@the cac mamba Why did you send me a neg rep for this post, friend? Are you just being demonic for the sake of the devil?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Straight fukking classic. they don't make them like this anymore (though if they did I get the feeling people would hate on them). The shyt with Rick Moranis still gets a laugh out of me to this day.

I do wish they had gone with the original concept of Winston though. Dude was supposed to be some bad ass former Marine with multiple doctorates. He was going to be hypercompetent in comparison to the others and for whatever reason they changed it completely to him just being "black guy".

They did that because Eddie Murphy was originally supposed to be Winston and he was going to be introduced alongside the three of them but when they couldn't get Eddie they made changes to the script and brought in Ernie Hudson later in the script .

I sometimes wonder how much more classic that film could've been with Eddie and Bill Murray. That shyt might've been amongst the funniest movies of ALL time

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
insAeuBicttgu.gif