Disney buys Hulu

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
were going to end up with another cable subscription like model. We'll end up paying $100 a month for access to all the different streaming network like we used to do for channels.

:francis:
who's we?

the market will correct itself after initial turmoil. the internet pirating is too strong for any savvy person to go back to that bullshyt. If the price range gets out of wack then piracy steps up...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm just picking and choosing I don't give a fukk about most of these services. If one service has a show that's must see I'll get it for a month maybe and dip.

I'm keeping HBO because they have a few shows that I wanna see plus a few shows I like to rewatch.

Netflix I'm keeping for now too.

Everything else is :francis: status..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm guessing they double dip Us on two pay streaming services.

@Atsym Sknyfs

mentioned they're looking into bundling their platforms.

in a way its gonna be a double dip... but i see a one platform or both deal ... plus hulu will have the fox content but they also have options to add various other subscriptions bases ... maybe D+ will be an add-on..

i wonder though will the FOX xmen stuff be on D+ or only the current MCU .. if im not mistaken Iron Man and Hulk wont be there cause they're distributed by a different studio..

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Didn’t the like......:patrice:

Disney start the ground work or planning on doing their own platform way before the even acquired Fox? Like 2-3 years ago?

Hell was Hulu even always on the table from all the discussion?

I don’t necessarily think they trynna gouge their customers as it’s probably more along the lines of what cats even in here been saying years now. One brand is for the kids/family friendly. Another is more for adults

But there's no reason to split two services for any reason other than greed. Netflix has a kids section and adult content all contained in the same service. It's bullshyt.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But there's no reason to split two services for any reason other than greed. Netflix has a kids section and adult content all contained in the same service. It's bullshyt.

it is bull but remember ... HULU was never only Disney.. just recently AT7T sold their share.. and Disney got another 35% by default when it bought FOX.. so this is only a byproduct of the acquisitions.
also .. HULU is a differntl platform than Netflix. the do live TVand allow subscribtion Add-ons.. whisch I think they';ll do for the hulu/d+ bundle.