Disney+ to release "Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire", an animated African sci-fi anthology

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Disney+ Announces Premiere Date for ‘Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire’ Anthology​

Kizazi-Moto-Generation-Fire-Featured-Image-1024x576.jpeg

May 25, 2023
Disney+ announced today that Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire, the new 10-part anthology of animated short films, will premiere exclusively on Wednesday, July 5th on Disney+. The announcement was made today in conjunction with World Africa Day (May 25). The artwork is an original illustration by Nigerian artist and director Shofela Coker, the creator of the short film Moremi.

Featuring stories from creators hailing from Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, and Zimbabwe, Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire promises to take viewers on an unforgettable ride into Africa’s future, presenting visions of the continent as never before seen. The much-anticipated anthology is executive produced by Peter Ramsey (co-director of the Oscar-winning Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse), with Tendayi Nyeke and Anthony Silverston from Triggerfish, the lead studio on this anthology.

Tendayi Nyeke and Anthony Silverston of Triggerfish Studios will serve as supervising producers. Their Cape Town-based company is overseeing all of the films, while working in collaboration with other animations banners in Africa and around the world. Triggerfish also curated the entire process, which saw submissions from over 70 leading directors and creators.

Kizazi Moto derives from the Swahili phrase ‘kizazi cha moto’ which literally translates as ‘fire generation,' capturing the passion, innovation and excitement this new cohort of African filmmakers is ready to bring to the world," said Nyeke. "‘Moto’ also means fire in several other African languages, from Rwanda’s Kinyarwanda to Shona, a Zimbabwean language, speaking to the pan-African spirit we hope this anthology embodies."

The action-packed animated anthology draws on the continent’s rich and diverse histories and cultures to present 10 sci-fi and fantasy stories featuring bold and brave new worlds of advanced technology, aliens, spirits and monsters.
kizazi-moto.jpg
The 10 films included in the anthology are:
  • “Stardust“(Ahmed Teilab, Egypt)
  • “Mkhuzi: The Spirit Racer“ (Simangaliso “Panda” Sibaya and Malcolm Wopé, South Africa)
  • “Hatima“(Terence Maluleke and Isaac Mogajane, South Africa)
  • “Enkai“(Ng’endo Mukii, Kenya)
  • “Moremi“(Shofela Coker, Nigeria)
  • “Surf Sangoma“(Nthato Mokgata and Catherine Green, South Africa)
  • “Mukudzei“(Pious Nyenyewa and Tafadzwa Hove, Zimbabwe)
  • “First Totem Problems“(Tshepo Moche, South Africa)
  • “Herderboy“(Raymond Malinga, Uganda)
  • “You Give Me Heart“ (Lesego Vorster, South Africa).
Kizazi Moto: Generation Fire also features an eclectic cast from across the globe and includes the voices of Florence Kasumba, Kehinde Bankole, Pearl Thusi, Hakeem Kae-Kazim , Sheila Munyiva, Stycie Waweru, Candice Modiselle, Lillian Dube, Clementine Mosimane , and Mandisa Nduna, as well as comedians Tumi Morake, Sne Dladla,Tyson Ngubeni and rappers Nasty C and Gigi Lamayne.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
L9oks cool but It's hard for me to get invested when I know they'll never do a follow-up. It's like they're saying "here, we did something for you, negroes subscribers, Now shut up and give us your money. "

Would have been better if they had given each one of these creators their own series.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
L9oks cool but It's hard for me to get invested when I know they'll never do a follow-up. It's like they're saying "here, we did something for you, negroes subscribers, Now shut up and give us your money. "

Would have been better if they had given each one of these creators their own series.
"They" don't owe anybody anything. This agreement helps all parties involved.

Daps
Reppin
7th District

Gotta start somewhere. Hopefully at least one of the segments is popular enough to generate a demand for a full series

If all else, it'll boost the creators and artists' profiles some more

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Afro futurism? :gladbron: Day one, blu ray box set copped.