DJ Quik says he deserves to be where Dr Dre is

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And honestly I say this as a big Quik fan. But besides him putting on nikkas not the same caliber as Dre. Quik’s production is more regional than Dre’s. Like it’s more light, airy, clean, R&Bish at times, palm trees beaches and good weather oriented. nikkas on the East Coast and parts of the Midwest can’t relate to his production like on the West Coast.

Plus him rocking a perm and dissing the East didn’t help him.
Im on the east, and this is exactly why I love Quik’s music.

And someone slandered 2nd II none earlier, that’s bs because they actually had a hit single, ‘didn’t mean to turn you on’ and their album was the shyt. They turned down a big deal because they didn’t trust white folks.

Another thing, DJ Quik was an architect at Deathrow. Dre didn’t produce all those beats by himself.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I never knew this:ohhh:

What part didnt you know? The D12 thing been out for yrs. Even Game used to say it during their beef.

Quik has mentioned the other part many times before as well

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
NWA were turned down by EVERY major record label. Jimmy Iovine didn't come into the picture until AFTER Dre left Ruthless Records.

Right, and Iovine didnt really come into it until after The Chronic was made and they shopped it. dikk Griffey was the one giving them studio time, teaching
Suge the game (regardless of how crooked dikk allegedly was himself).

As far as i see it Iovine took a liking to Dre becuz of Dre's passion for mixing and engineering. As we saw on The Defiant Ones Iovine played the same part
when he himself was just an artist.